Successful weight loss with 7 minute workout?

Options
Just posting to find out how people are getting on with the 7 min work out in terms of weight loss and how long it's took roughly.

Replies

• pcdoctor01
    pcdoctor01 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I've had successful weight loss doing 10 min workouts. After doing more of the 10 min workouts, I've increased my workouts to 20 mins. Sometimes even 25 mins like T25 but free or cheaper.
    I've lost 25 lbs doing hasfit and befit in 90 but I joined MFP after I lost the first 10 so I only put down a 15lb loss. Of course I watch what I eat. I eat sensibly and drink water also. I workout four times a week sometimes three if I'm lazy.

Hasfit
    www.hasfit.com

http://www.youtube.com/user/KozakSportsPerform

Befit in 90
    http://www.lionsgatebefit.com/befit-in-90/

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=befit+in+90&oq=befit&gs_l=youtube.1.1.0l10.555.705.0.2905.5.2.0.0.0.0.242.444.2-2.2.0...0.0...1ac.1.11.youtube.8ON0NJVqAnU
  • TipTopMMR
    TipTopMMR Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I've lost 25 lbs doing hasfit and befit in 90 but I joined MFP after I lost the first 10 so I only put down a 15lb loss. Of course I watch what I eat. I eat sensibly and drink water also. I workout four times a week sometimes three if I'm lazy.

This is the key; there are plenty of days where I do only a short workout or a really leisurely walk. But I stay within my calorie budget (usually a little below) and I have maintained and even lost a little.
    That 7 minute one is fast and fun; I usually add 5 lb weights and do it twice. My heart is pumping! Good luck!
  • jeffpettis
    jeffpettis Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind any workout in and of itself is not going to cause weight loss. You will have to have a calorie deficit for weight loss to occur. Any workout is only going to burn calories not fat.

Hope that helps...
  • 55in13
    55in13 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    If it is 7 minutes less you spend at the table, it helps. Seriously, it may sound like a tired old saw around here, but exercise only helps a little at most especially if done in small doses. Weight loss happens in the kitchen (and your kitchen generally works better than Mickey D's).
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind any workout in and of itself is not going to cause weight loss. You will have to have a calorie deficit for weight loss to occur. Any workout is only going to burn calories not fat.

Hope that helps...

Yup. You can do no exercise at all as long as you keep a proper calorie deficit... and you'll lose weight.
  • phjorg1
    phjorg1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Your diet is 100% responsible for your weight, and weight loss.

Your exercise is 100% responsible for how you look at that weight. And 7min of exercise will mean you look like someone who does 7min of exercise.
  • TipTopMMR
    TipTopMMR Posts: 89 Member
    Options

Your exercise is 100% responsible for how you look at that weight. And 7min of exercise will mean you look like someone who does 7min of exercise.

There are LOTS of days when I do 7 minutes of exercise; no, it's not ideal. There are other days when I do 60. But, do what you can, when you can! With good food choices, it all evens out.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options

I agree with what he's saying.

Though ANY exercise is good, 7 minutes isn't going to get you in really good physical shape. It simply isn't enough time to do anything productive. Now 7 minutes of HIIT in addition to a regular training program would be great. But I know any of my weight training routines take at minimum 25-30 minutes, more of the time the average is 45 minutes.
  • MelStren
    MelStren Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Occie17th
    Occie17th Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I do not have any apparel to use with my smartphone. So when I enter my 7MW, how many calories would I have burned?
    My weight is 81.5KG and my Height is 1M78CM