Anyone else struggling with health anxiety?

Options
I really need someone who can understand this... Im struggling hard tonight. Thanks.

Replies

• TheRealBruceWayne
    TheRealBruceWayne Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have at times in the past, what's your issue?
  • Yes...I am...I thought I was losing my mind and that I was the only one going through this...its hard, and I know I have to lose weight in order to live, but food has been my comfort for so long and now knowing that I have to give up what gives me peace or I won't be around long, is stressful within itself. I pray that we can support each other and just give each other daily strength. Pray for me and I will pray for you...
  • aprilramos143
    Options
    I have, the last couple of nights. I have been doing well for a while. But up until a couple of days ago, it started again. The stress is starting to kick in again.
  • Nikki_WantsIt
    Nikki_WantsIt Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I spend most of my time thinking about my future... getting cancer is my biggest thing. I have borderline panic attacks just giving myself breast exams. I have a 14 month old daughter and Im terrified that I wont see her grow. Everywhere I turn someones sick...someones dying. Ive had these worries ever since I can remember.... as a small child. There was a phase when I was 14....I didnt sleep, I didnt leave the house......Ive had the panic attacks under control for a long time but the thoughts of "what if" NEVER leave my mind.
  • Nikki_WantsIt
    Nikki_WantsIt Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Im off for the night.. please, anyone and everyone message or FR me.
  • TheRealBruceWayne
    TheRealBruceWayne Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    That happens to the best of us. I've been there, sleepless nights, waking up soaked in sweat with my heart beating out of my chest, spending days in the house unable to think about anything else. I've diagnosed myself with everything from prostate cancer to lyme disease. I know what it's like to be completely preoccupied with every little ache and pain.

Here's what worked for me.

Go to your doctor for a check up once every 6 months and get your symptoms off your chest.
    Do NOT google symptoms ever. You'll know if it's urgent, if it is then go to a hospital. Google only gives the worst case scenario.
    If you feel a new ache or peculiar feeling wait at least a week if it isn't urgent. It will most likely go away.
    Exercise and eat healthy.