Finally the battle of weight loss is over

Options
I am posting this for anyone interested in letting go of bad eating, a fat body, and illness.

Last March I saw a program on PBS by Dr. Neil Barnard. He said he could cure diabetes and gave a 21 day challenge that would change the way you eat, the way you wanted to eat and heal your body.

I did the challenge and ended up shocked that I loved being Vegan.

Almost six months now, I still love it. I am down 4 sizes in clothes, feel wonderful, am active, have had unbelieveable healing from swelling in my legs and my diabetes is completely under control.

The next challenge starts in September on his web site PCRM.com

From that challenge I went to Dr.McDougall.com and further cleaned up my diet.

be blessed, kc

Replies

• stringsNlinks
    stringsNlinks Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    that's great! Your health is what it is all really about, the weight loss is just such a great bonus. Keep up the great job and keep feeling better and better! Thanks for the info, I plan to check out the site, but I love cheese...I can do without the meat but love lvoe love my cheese so the vegan thing is a little hard for me
  • SuzanneRogers
    SuzanneRogers Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Great Job. I love meat too much to give it up completely. I hope the rest of your journey goes smoothly and you reach your goals to a healthier and littler you.
  • BlueLikeJazz
    BlueLikeJazz Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    My mom has a book by Dr. Barnard and he has "guest roles" in many of the books/vlogs/websites I read. I truly believe, after reading what he and T. Colin Campbell have to say on the matter, that a vegan diet can be the key to preventing and reversing a number of illnesses/conditions.

I went vegan mostly for ethical reasons but the more I read, the more I feel that I'm doing something great for my health. My fasting blood glucose a few months ago (pre-vegan) was in the pre-diabetic range, usually around 115, and now it is consistently in the mid-90s! My blood pressure has also returned from the pre-hypertension range back to normal.

Yes, these things could simply be chalked up to the weight I've lost over this time, too, but regardless: I feel better physically, I have more energy, and I feel better mentally and emotionally, knowing that I'm doing my best to be cruelty-free AND environmentally friendly by not eating animal products.
  • katznketo
    katznketo Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    You all inspire me further. I was not a big meat eater, or I didn't think so. Anyways, I am glad I did the 21 day challenge. I did it for health not because I don't think we should not be eating animals. I was just so sick and wanted to feel better.

I got that so what can I say? Eating a fat diet is the first thing to put in check. getting rid of meat makes that attainable.

I don't know why some people do well in life with 'normal'' eating.

But this works for me.

Be blessed, kc
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    I am posting this for anyone interested in letting go of bad eating, a fat body, and illness.

Last March I saw a program on PBS by Dr. Neil Barnard. He said he could cure diabetes and gave a 21 day challenge that would change the way you eat, the way you wanted to eat and heal your body.

I did the challenge and ended up shocked that I loved being Vegan.

Almost six months now, I still love it. I am down 4 sizes in clothes, feel wonderful, am active, have had unbelieveable healing from swelling in my legs and my diabetes is completely under control.

The next challenge starts in September on his web site PCRM.com

From that challenge I went to Dr.McDougall.com and further cleaned up my diet.

be blessed, kc
    Congrats:drinker: I really have enjoyed watching him on PBS specials, he's so full of knowledge and it's all so simple to understand the way he explains it.

Thanks for the Sept. info, look forward to seeing that :) PCRM is where a number of recipes I share on here come from. (Oh and not sure if you were familar with the contest they had awhile back. I was shocked to find out I had won a GIANT box of all sorts of wonderful things from PCRM sponsers, Oikes, Amy's, a giant bamboo book of all sorts of mixed tea bags from Yumi and the list goes on and on. I couldn't even lift the box it had that much cool stuff in it. Bags of coffee etc.)

:drinker: