100 weeks

OMG, I was talking to a friend, and I figured out at the rate I'm going it'll be 100 weeks before I hit goal weight. That's, like, two years. Umm...seriously need some positive thoughts, motivation and kick-butt friends at this moment. How in the heck do I stay focused for two whole years? :noway:

Replies

• redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Patience. Start with small goals. Maybe 5 pounds and keep going.
  • happystars82
    happystars82 Posts: 225 Member
    i do not go by how long something will take me as its a lifestyle change so in theory its for life!
    i go by 10lbs at a time and when i reach i reach it doesn;t matter about time... good luck feel free to add.x x x
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Those two years will pass regardless of whether you do this or not. You might as well spend them getting healthy.
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    OMG, I was talking to a friend, and I figured out at the rate I'm going it'll be 100 weeks before I hit goal weight. That's, like, two years. Umm...seriously need some positive thoughts, motivation and kick-butt friends at this moment. How in the heck do I stay focused for two whole years? :noway:

How do you eat an elephant sandwich?

:)

You'll be fine. Just look after today and let tomorrow look after itself.
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Thanks all for the reality check. Small steps. Small goals. Just like I've been doing. Keep celebrating the little victories. I had the goal of zipping up the pants I couldn't get into. I'm there. Next goal is fitting into the corsets or goal shirt. The weight will keep coming off if I keep watching calories, eating healthier (nevermind this week. I was broke and cleaning out the cupboards/freezer) and trying to get exercise in. You guys are right, it's a lifestyle change...no...seriously. It is. I won't go back to being the fat girl again.

Kisses and hugs for all of you!:smile::love: :flowerforyou: :smooched: :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • kelscot30
    kelscot30 Posts: 74 Member
    The way I think about it is, you can spend the next 2 years continuing to gain weight, be miserable about your size and put yourself at more risk or, take positive action, set small goals and make a change for the better.

Two years really is nothing. Time is passing so quickly and in two years from now, if you haven't made a positive change then you would likely give your right arm to go back to this moment and change your mindset and approach to your weight loss journey,

Stick with it! Your health benefits and appearance will be better 2 months from now so imagine how you feel look and feel two years from now!

Go girl, you deserve it! xx
  • JADEPH0EN1X
    JADEPH0EN1X Posts: 162 Member
    You might surprise yourself when you carry on , the weight or inches might just start falling off , they have with me ! I've been here since August & although I've only lost around 10 kgs I have lost at least 3 dress sizes ! I started at a uk size 22/24 and I bought a size 18 skirt yesterday that's too big . I am now contemplating whether to go for a 16 or 14 to have as a goal for wearing on my birthday in December ! Setting little goals have helped .
  • Small goals is definitely the way to go. Sometime the big picture is to much to take in. I don't drive and I walk everywhere, sometime when there is lots of traffic I notice I walk with my head down...feeling embarrased that people are looking at me. But Now I started thinking if I lose 6 - 10 pounds a month, in a years time i'm gonna look and feel so much better.

The time will pass anyway but if you just chip away bit by bit just think how much better you will feel when the two years are up! Good luck with it.

Feel free to add me if you need support :)
  • Rai007
    Rai007 Posts: 387 Member
    everything takes time!!
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Two years really is nothing. Time is passing so quickly and in two years from now, if you haven't made a positive change then you would likely give your right arm to go back to this moment and change your mindset and approach to your weight loss journey.

This. I'd give any amount to have done this right in 2011, or in 2010. Or in the countless times I've started a weightloss program and fallen off the wagon within 8 weeks. It looks daunting from this side, I know. I'm facing up to the fact it's going to take well over a year to get down to a normal weight. But there's no use in regretting that I didn't do it two years ago. All I can do is start now and keep restarting every day. And one day, sooner than it feels now, I'll get there.

Good luck with your journey.

(As a tangent, I wonder how many calories there are in an elephant sandwich? I suspect it wouldn't fit my macros! :laugh: )