Fruit/Sugar

Options
I have been using MFP for a few weeks now and have lost 3lbs.

I have started looking at the allowances for Sugar etc. and have realised I tend to go over on the recommendations for sugar by quite alot, the majority of this is from eating fruit.

Should I ignore and carry on eating fruit (I tent to eat 3 pieces a day), as I don't go over my calorie allowances.

thanks

Lou x

Replies

• CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I personally turned it off, don't see the need to track it.... I watch Carbs, Proteins, and Fats, and switched my sugar out to track fiber... Stay with in my caloric intake and the rest takes care of itself..... Best of Luck
  • FrauMama
    FrauMama Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Almost everyone will answer that, if you are under your caloric goal, you're good to go. Personally, I limit fruit to the less sugary varieties because I want to avoid almost all sugar. But that's a very personal thing. If you're reaching your goals, do whatever works for you. Good luck!
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    The sugar setting on here is useless. It lumps all sugars together so just turn it off.
  • TXBlonde81
    TXBlonde81 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others. I tried to track sugar once and the fruit put me over every time. I didn't want to give up fruit so I decided to not track sugar since I try to stay away from it otherwise. I decided to track sodium instead since I want to keep my blood pressure healthy and avoid water weight gains.
  • joshdann
    joshdann Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I haven't turned mine off, I'm not sure what that would accomplish. I like to see as much information as possible. I just don't care if I go "over" what MFP thinks I should have for sugar every day. I don't use *any* of their recommendations, but I do like tracking everything they can track.
  • morticia16
    morticia16 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I eat fruit and am, consequently, regularly above my sugar allowance for the day. It didn't deter me from eating fruits and it didn't stall my weight loss.