Do you have a positive attitude about losing weight?

Options
Your attitude has everything to do with your ability to be successful! A negative attitude is a sure-fire path to failure… But a POSITIVE ATTITUDE almost always guarantees success!

Here are some tips for having a positive attitude:

Think Positive Thoughts.
Be aware of your thoughts. Whenever a negative thought comes to mind, counteract it with a positive thought. Keep a list of positive thoughts in mind. For example, think “I am a good person, and I am worth the effort!” or “I am proud of what I am doing”.

Set small, achievable daily goals.
For example: “Today I’m going to take a 20 minute walk at lunchtime”. Then, do it! A positive attitude is built through small successes.

Reward yourself often for achieving your goals.
Pat yourself on the back! Go to a movie. Buy yourself something nice. Do lots of positive self-talk!

Surround yourself with positive people.

Be kind to yourself through the ups and downs of your weight control efforts.

A positive attitude will help you prevail.

Thought I would share this as I get them from the VA
Copied from - B07 Version 3.0 www.move.va.gov

Replies

• jpwarner
    jpwarner Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Your attitude has everything to do with your ability to be successful! A negative attitude is a sure-fire path to failure… But a POSITIVE ATTITUDE almost always guarantees success!

Here are some tips for having a positive attitude:

Think Positive Thoughts.
    Be aware of your thoughts. Whenever a negative thought comes to mind, counteract it with a positive thought. Keep a list of positive thoughts in mind. For example, think “I am a good person, and I am worth the effort!” or “I am proud of what I am doing”.

Set small, achievable daily goals.
    For example: “Today I’m going to take a 20 minute walk at lunchtime”. Then, do it! A positive attitude is built through small successes.

Reward yourself often for achieving your goals.
    Pat yourself on the back! Go to a movie. Buy yourself something nice. Do lots of positive self-talk!

Surround yourself with positive people.

Be kind to yourself through the ups and downs of your weight control efforts.

A positive attitude will help you prevail.

Thought I would share this as I get them from the VA
    Copied from - B07 Version 3.0 www.move.va.gov
  • Benson
    Benson Posts: 444
    Options
    Thanks I needed that!
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    I completely agree :) I love small goals that are easily attainable, because achieving a goal always boosts your self esteem and confidence a little bit - even if its tiny!

PS: Awesome idea about taking a walk at lunch. I always end up taking 5-10 minute lunches because I don't have anything to fill up the rest of my break :laugh:
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Thank you for sharing!