Time For Change

Options
luvinit
luvinit Posts: 41 Member
Hi everyone, I'm new to MFP and ready for change. It's time I start giving a crap about me. I'm a wife and mom and for many years I have pushed myself aside to make sure they were healthy and happy. I'm going to be 40 in just a few months and have realized that I'm very unhappy. I adore my children and husband but I somehow lost myself over the years. When I was bored, tired, sad, or happy I turned to food. Well, it's time for me to set a good example for my children and to prove to myself that I can do whatever I set my mind to. I look forward to this new phase of my life and know that I will need lots of support along the way. That's why I'm here to make new friends, support, and be supported. ~Amy

Replies

• jul3
    jul3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Amy, I am new here also and I understand what you are saying. After taking care of the kids, husband, animals, house, yard, work, maintenance on an old house my idea of happy time is sitting on the couch with some comfort food. Time for a change and I know it can be done. I am sure you (and I) will find lots of support here. Good luck
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I understand your struggle. I too was always worried about everyone else being happy and healthy, and threw myself to the wayside. I have been at this for 46 days now and I have lost 10 lbs. I know you can do this. You have taken a huge step, and you too will find MyFitnessPal a great tool I am sure. If you need some encouragement you can send me a request for a friend. I always like to help people succeed in their goals.
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you are. I completely understand! also, I will be 40 next month. Let's be fit and 40 together!:flowerforyou:
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I just sent you a friend request.:smile:
  • 125again
    125again Posts: 28
    Options
    I just signed up. I'm scared, is that normal? I've spent the last two and a half years in grad school, working full time, and maintaining a bf and a social life. I didn't realize that I turned to food and t.v. for comfort when I had down time. I'm now 20 lbs. overweight with some bad habits. I figure if I can finish school and start a career, then I can lose weight. We will see. Here I go!
  • browneyedmom
    Options
    hello Amy~ new here too..But I am making time for myself so I can be a better Mom/wife!! I am so glad I have found this site. I have been to many and joined many but this one seems to fit!!

Hope we can get healthy together :)
  • luvinit
    luvinit Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the replies and support!
  • lessofme24
    lessofme24 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm new here too, and in the same boat as you. Dedicated wife/mommy, constantly turning to food....no matter what emotion I may be feeling. I don't feel like I've had that "aha" moment where I can make the 100% commitment to losing weight and changing my lifestyle, but I obsess about my weight and how I look CONSTANTLY, so am hoping to make some changes. Would welcome any friendly supporters here as well!! Good luck to us all!!!!
  • crystal29714
    Options
    Same here! I was about to turn 30 and realized I spent my whole 20's fat and unhappy and refused to spend my 30's the same way! It hasn't been a easy journey and I fell off the wagon last year due to my husbands health and then later my own. I restarted my journey on June 1st this year and found this website July 31st. It has been very helpful!! I welcome any support because you can't do it on your on! I sent a friend request and will support you in anyway I can!