Bloating and Stomach Gurgles

Options
How do I stop my stomach from gurgling? I have wicked bloating and gas build up. Some say I should increase fiber, some say I should take a ginger extract supplement. I'm not liking the unsettled feeling.

Replies

• smileyaja
    smileyaja Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way. Is there anything to stop the bloating/ gas and stomach noises...
  • NickiG724
    Options
    Ha! I was wondering the same thing and hoping someone would have insight! =)
  • LarryDUk
    LarryDUk Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    yes. Track what you were eating before it started and then stop eating it or at least know it is going to happen when you do.
  • sophayz
    sophayz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    mine stopped when i stopped eating gluten. might be different for you thought maybe try avoiding them for a while and see?
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    More fibre seems to help me. It has the added bonus of eating more veggies and fruit instead of processed food so it's a win/win situation.
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    How do I stop my stomach from gurgling? I have wicked bloating and gas build up. Some say I should increase fiber, some say I should take a ginger extract supplement. I'm not liking the unsettled feeling.

I asked my doctor about the same thing and he said it happens when you eat a lot of fiber, or eat fast. He said not to worry about it ... that stomach sounds can become so loud that they are heard across a room. So if you want to cut down on those sounds pay attention to when they occur ... from specific foods or how fast you ate? The bloating suggests a lot of gas buildup ... maybe from too much gas causing vegetables?
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Eating certain foods does that to me. Like someone else said, track what you're eating and note when it occurs then stop eating that. For me, gluten, corn and if I eat too much dairy causes that.
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options

I asked my doctor about the same thing and he said it happens when you eat a lot of fiber, or eat fast. He said not to worry about it ... that stomach sounds can become so loud that they are heard across a room. So if you want to cut down on those sounds pay attention to when they occur ... from specific foods or how fast you ate? The bloating suggests a lot of gas buildup ... maybe from too much gas causing vegetables?

I eat crazy fast lately.... I'm going to try to pay attention to really slowing down as I have the same issue.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options

I eat crazy fast lately.... I'm going to try to pay attention to really slowing down as I have the same issue.

I eat LOTS of veggies and high protein. So there's nothing I can do about it? I'm going to carry around 5lbs of bloating. It does make me chuckle when my stomach is so loud that other people can hear it. I just want something to ease the discomfort. I'm already dairy intolerant, I know how that feels when I accidentally eat dairy, it hurts. This is different. This is like there's a balloon in my stomach lol.
  • FightingFox
    Options
    mine stopped when i stopped eating gluten. might be different for you thought maybe try avoiding them for a while and see?
    Yes I figured out that when I eat bread or tortillas I get the gurgles, bloating and gas. urrrgh!
  • FightingFox
    Options
    More fibre seems to help me. It has the added bonus of eating more veggies and fruit instead of processed food so it's a win/win situation.
    However, eating a lot of fiber gives me gas too. TMI I know! but hopefully it's input for your inquiry
  • lilRicki
    Options
    Yep, it gives me gas too! That's the problem, I've cut back my carbs (to normal levels, not carb-o-holic levels) and exponentially increased my veggie intake. That's why I'm having gut issues, I just need to know how to calm it down lol Another suggestion was apple cider vinegar and baking soda in a shot glass
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    However, eating a lot of fiber gives me gas too. TMI I know! but hopefully it's input for your inquiry

Usually that only happens if you aren't someone who eats a lot of fiber all the time. It takes a bit for your body to adjust and it isn't a good idea to go from eating all processed white foods to living on fruits and veggies but with a bit of time your body totally learns to deal with the fiber. It's actually the secret colon cleanse that doesn't involve all the silliness of the advertised cleanses.
  • lilRicki
    Options

Usually that only happens if you aren't someone who eats a lot of fiber all the time. It takes a bit for your body to adjust and it isn't a good idea to go from eating all processed white foods to living on fruits and veggies but with a bit of time your body totally learns to deal with the fiber. It's actually the secret colon cleanse that doesn't involve all the silliness of the advertised cleanses.

So wait it out...I'm going to buy peppermint tea just to make myself feel better lol
  • lauractemple85
    lauractemple85 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I had the SAME problem! The healthier I ate (more veggies) the more gas and bloating I had. I started taking a probiotic everyday and it's worked wonders. No more gas since then.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Yep, it gives me gas too! That's the problem, I've cut back my carbs (to normal levels, not carb-o-holic levels) and exponentially increased my veggie intake. That's why I'm having gut issues, I just need to know how to calm it down lol Another suggestion was apple cider vinegar and baking soda in a shot glass

So, somebody was having fun with you. Vinegar + baking soda produces CO2. If you want to add to your gas problems, then drink that. Unless the thought is that you make the gas bubbles in your stomach bigger and they might be easier to expel. Don't think that's an experiment I'd try.
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Gluten and/or dairy. Like others recommended...pay attention to what you ate before it started.
  • chuchuboogie
    chuchuboogie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I think it's person by person. Different foods will set off different people.
  • lilRicki
    Options

Thank you! I'm off to buy some ginger capsules, and apple cider vinegar. Thanx for all the help guys.