Any Breastfeeding moms care to share their food Diary ?

Options
brittneygreen562
brittneygreen562 Posts: 13
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
I still feel like I'm not on the right track as far as eating . I have lost 4lbs but gained 1lbs back :( Also add me please :)

Replies

• tjklasen
    Options
    My babe is 8 months, I have so much trouble finding the right "medium" when I am breastfeeding!
  • brittneygreen562
    Options
    yeah me too ! Maybe I'm just rushing it, I need to realize its only been 4 months !
  • VictoryGarden
    VictoryGarden Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Request sent. Having supply troubles so I'm upping my calories (boo). I'm gonna be here for the long haul. In total I have 120+ to lose.
  • brittneygreen562
    Options
    Thanks hunnie you and I both !
  • mamatoboys6219
    mamatoboys6219 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    My baby is nine months old. I still nurse. I started at 217 and now im down to 206 in going on four weeks. I lost a lot the first two weeks, then nothing. I realized that my supply was dwindling and I was not losing at all because I wasnt eating enough. I started to up my calories, I eat about 1500 to 1800 a day depending on how much I eat back on exercise. You are welcome to look at my food diary. Its nothing special lol but it is working for me. I am 5 2
  • mamatoboys6219
    mamatoboys6219 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You guys are both welcome to add me too :)
  • premiumchilenita
    premiumchilenita Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert but I was breast feeding when I started and I found that while breast feeding and exercising I did lose more weight, I figured out that breast feeding is like an extra exercise in your day, so in a way you do need to eat a little more especially if baby is 4 months old, she'll be needing more than one feed a day right? :) It's a great idea to count while feeding coz it's also a time where you get hungry and a lot more thirsty, breast feeding women need a lot of water, more than 8 cups a day. Did you know you can add breast feeding to your food diary? Maybe that may help a little more. Also remember that you are producing milk and your weight will fluctuate more because of fluid levels. add me if you like :)
  • twiglips
    twiglips Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Any of you can add me if you'd like. I started losing for a year then found out I was pregnant. My doctor was adamant that I shouldn't worry about weight until after I had the baby (he's 9 weeks old). Now that I've had him, I've lost the 22 pounds I gained plus another 9! I just started back to work this week and this is really the first time I've had to pump on any consistent basis and I'M STARVING!! LOL I adjusted my calories down to 2000 (from 2300 while pregnant) and I've just resumed exercising a couple of days a week. I drink tons of water and I'm trying to get my milk supply to increase. I added oatmeal, ground flax and nuts to my diet everyday. I've also just added supplements to help -- fenugreek and brewer's yeast - in addition to my daily prenatals.
  • brittneygreen562
    Options
    Thanks a lot ladies I'm adding you all :)
This discussion has been closed.