Do you see yourself bigger than you are?

Options
13»

Replies

• hmontigney
    hmontigney Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    We are our own worst enemies. Sometimes, we criticize ourselves more than we should. It's easy to point out our own flaws because we have to live with them and see them every single day. Honestly, the best thing you can ever do is love yourself for who you are. Whether you're feeling extra fatty that day or not, enjoy your day regardless. We can't all live up to the expectations of our generations and choosing to be proud of yourself is one of the best rewards you can give yourself. Congratulations on your weight loss and keep it up!
  • mikeykhan2003
    Options
    Yes. I met a friend at lunch yesterday and he took the fat side of the booth, and I freaked out for a second. I sucked in and sort of did the sideways squeeze-slide to fit and I didn't touch at all. Several inches of clearance. Very comfortable fit.

Was a very psyche challenging moment for me.
  • Via_14
    Via_14 Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    Yes, always see myself as bigger but ive been told im heavier than i look if that makes sense. I tell people im dense hehe!

I think your self-perception/esteem has a lot to do with if you think you are bigger than you are =(
  • evdenapoli
    evdenapoli Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    OMG YES! I have lost 50LBS and 30 inches total. Yet, when I look at myself I see the same old body.
    I FEEL like that old body.
  • grho
    grho Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    bump to try the link later!
  • stargirlll
    stargirlll Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Yes, always see myself as bigger but ive been told im heavier than i look if that makes sense. I tell people im dense hehe!

I think your self-perception/esteem has a lot to do with if you think you are bigger than you are =(

I completely agree with your last point. It's all about our self-esteem, really. We need to be comfortable with ourselves to see us as we truly are.
  • sunshyncatra
    sunshyncatra Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    My biggest problem is remembering my new size when I'm shopping. I find myself looking at the bigger sizes still and wasting time.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    Yes!!! My biggest loss was 86 lbs (summer found me a few lbs) and I still saw myself as old Kim... old fat Kim.. even though my clothes are 10 sizes smaller and I can fit into one leg of my old fat pants, I sometimes can't see it. And find I sometimes almost critique myself more now than before.

I am getting a tummy tuck in December (had twins in 2005 and my mid section is shot) and I am really hoping that will finally allow me to believe I am a smaller person.

I think it takes alot longer for the mind to catch the body.

Good luck
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    people are constantly telling me not to lose much more weight. Clearly they are dumb, i'm still much heavier than I should be.

I get that alot too... I think it's becuase they remember us fat and they think we look fantastic... when comparing to our old selves we don't need to lose more, but on a health perspective/bmi scale/etc. we still do.
  • JamieM8168
    JamieM8168 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Yes. I've lost over 90 lbs so far. About 50 just this year and sometimes I really cant tell a difference at all. I see myself as the old me a lot i'm hoping one day my brain will catch up with my body ha
  • crackur
    crackur Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Yes. I've lost over 90 lbs so far. About 50 just this year and sometimes I really cant tell a difference at all. I see myself as the old me a lot i'm hoping one day my brain will catch up with my body ha
    you have done an awesome job

but I understand and have been going through the same things for years.

This year I have done better than I have ever..........and I'm harder on myself now than I ever was.
  • melissawebb432
    melissawebb432 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I think i do. I'm surprised i fit into a size 5 now. Personally, looking in the mirror i think my hips are too thick for that but i guess i see wrong haha