losing weight = acne?

Options
2»

Replies

• jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Options
    As a guy I noticed that too. Acne started on the face and neck, next popped up on the shoulders and waist, now on thighs and buttocks, and even the feet. I suspect the fats being metabolized is releasing some stored up toxins and the lymph system is not keeping up. Maybe that's why some cancers seem to start in fatty tissue. Need to keep hydrated as it all has to metabolize and be flushed out via the kidneys and liver.. I'm down about 60 lbs over 8 months - my knees say thank you.

I'm having the same thing I'm down 63lbs in 9 weeks
    But these odd pimples are popping up EVERYWHERE!!

64lbs in 9 weeks? I think you are going to have more issues to worry about than just acne... also, this thread is from 5 years ago.
  • slbbw
    slbbw Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Look at your nutrients and try and get a sense if your vitamin may be low. I found myself in a Mg deficit over the summer and terrible breakouts and fatigue were my main symptoms. May not be what is going on here, but looking at your mineral and Vit balance may be worthwhile.
  • BrentJulius
    BrentJulius Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I would suggest your insulin resistance has probably decreased, your thyroid and other hormones are still trying to support someone larger so your body needs to adjust and reach homeostasis again at your new weight. It is kind of like being a teenager in a way ha. If you have been using a lot of soy in your diet, cut that out, otherwise make sure your getting enough vitamin E, A, Zinc and lots of water.
  • LisaLethal
    LisaLethal Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am glad this post resurfaced... I'm not happy, as my face is breaking out like crazy, and I have not ever had any issues in the past with bad skin. I've not been exercising any more than I previously had been, simply eating healthier and losing weight. No medication changes, no skincare changes, no new detergents, etc.

Curious if it really is hormonal... how long until everything evens out? I will add that I did notice that my body acted like it wanted to start a period (1.5 weeks early- when I am ALWAYS to the day on time)... ugh.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    jseams1234 wrote: »
    As a guy I noticed that too. Acne started on the face and neck, next popped up on the shoulders and waist, now on thighs and buttocks, and even the feet. I suspect the fats being metabolized is releasing some stored up toxins and the lymph system is not keeping up. Maybe that's why some cancers seem to start in fatty tissue. Need to keep hydrated as it all has to metabolize and be flushed out via the kidneys and liver.. I'm down about 60 lbs over 8 months - my knees say thank you.

I'm having the same thing I'm down 63lbs in 9 weeks
    But these odd pimples are popping up EVERYWHERE!!

64lbs in 9 weeks? I think you are going to have more issues to worry about than just acne... also, this thread is from 5 years ago.

I'm hoping that's a typo.
  • corrarjo
    corrarjo Posts: 1,157 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    >:)
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    It took probably close to 5 months for me for my skin to look a little better. I still have acne though just not as angry inflamed that I use to get
  • peggy_polenta
    peggy_polenta Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    estrogen is stored with fat in fat cells. as you release fat, you release estrogen. it is not uncommon to have breakouts while dieting and it does even itself out.