I apologize in advance for my laziness

2»

Replies

• paigeshin
    paigeshin Posts: 10 Member
    If all you want to do is burn fat, you will get much better results eating more calories and doing strength training rather than cutting a bunch of calories and doing just cardio. That is a good approach if you have a lot to lose, but when you're relatively close to your goal weight or looking for body recomposition, a smaller deficit with plenty of protein in your diet and strength training, such as weight lifting or bodyweight exercises is a better method.

I just looked up strength training myself and man thank you for suggesting it here! I think I will look more into it and find out how exactly to do it because it seems more efficient in fat loss. Good info! Thank you!!
  • paigeshin
    paigeshin Posts: 10 Member
    You should buy a heart rate monitor regardless. It tracks your time, calories, fat burn and more. Ever since I got mine I love it. The calories on "MyFitnessPal" are different for each person depending on how in or out of shape they are and their endurance which the app does not track. I have the Womens Polar heartrate monitor. I'v never had a problem with it!

Yes I will definitely order one now!
    You do not need to workout 6 days a week. You can do 4x and see the same result. I would not recommend doing the same workout everytime. You might want to switch up elliptical with running or even biking to start out.

Oh that's a relief to hear because one day to rest seemed a bit overwhelming. Maybe even max 5. And I'll try to mix it up, thank you!
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Theoretically.. Yes.