I am New!

joliver4ever
joliver4ever Posts: 2
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
Hello,

My name is Jessica and I am new this whole website. I have been using the Ipod/Iphone app for my Ipod for almost a month now to keep track of my intake and exercise. I am on the low carb and no sugar, high in protein diet. I go to a place called Cape Medical Weight Loss where you see a doctor or nurse practitioner and get help and guidance in your weight loss goals. They tell you where you are at currently with your weight and where you should be. They help you see where you need to make changes and what foods are harmful you in your new diet. They recommend foods and tips on how to eat the right things. They also prescribe drugs to help curb your appetite. This is my first month and I lost 8 pounds in 3 weeks. I go for a appointment on Saturday and I hope I have lost some more. I have worked out at the gym extra hard this week and really watched what I ate too. Basically my diet consists of salad, any type of green veggies, no fruit, no starches, and water. I also get to eat all the cheese and meat I want b/c they have hardly any carbs and sugars. My daily carb intake should be 30-50 grams a day and no more than 20 grams in one meal. I have learned to look at the labels in the grocery store when I go shopping. It has been very interesting and I am glad I got the support of my husband and friends and family. Otherwise it would be very hard to go through this by myself. Well I hope everyone the very best in their own diets and exercise!!!

Replies

• Hello, Jessica, and welcome! I'm Denyse and I too have been using the iPhone app prior to using the website. About a couple of years ago I did the low carb/no sugar diet and it too worked for me as well (I lost about 25 pounds). I was thinking about doing that as well this time around. The last year, I have been counting calories like crazy and working out. I wish you all the best as well.
  • Suwanna
    Suwanna Posts: 9
    In reply to I am new, she doesn't get the full pyramid of food value. Living with out fruit is not good for ones body, in my mind...

I'm pleased it works for her though, but how can she stay young looking if she doesn't have the fruit to help with antitoxins. What happens when she is down to her goal weight will she be able to go back to eating anything?... Good she has support...

I my self have no support purely because I live alone. I was married for a bit but it didn't work out. I live in the sticks near no one, so I'm completely alone...I do see a friend once a week , and my daughter once a month. Plus I speak to my sisters when I'm feeling a bit down... They live in the Uk and I'm in Thailand....

So lots of good luck to I'm new and keep up the good work, but please don't make yourself unwell...:flowerforyou: Suwanna
  • Sherry1979
    Sherry1979 Posts: 457
    Welcome Jessica!! Great job on your progress so far & best wishes as you reach the rest of your goals on this journey!! :smile:
This discussion has been closed.