Double Chocolate Chunk Quest Bar!

Options

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    damn these sound good... I'm not a big protein bar fan- I typically just eat food.. and they back me up- blarg... but all that sounds SO delicious- I might have to cave in!
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Go to their website and IM them and ask for a free sample. They will send you two bars of your choosing.
  • lattarulol
    lattarulol Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Go to their website and IM them and ask for a free sample. They will send you two bars of your choosing.

I just did this and they are sending me two bars. Thanks for the tip @Confuzzled4ev
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    They are YUMMMMMMMYYYYY!
  • missADS1981
    missADS1981 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    yes, however it does use sugar alcohols. some people don't prefer that over natural sugars. it is also a bit high in sodium so for me sometimes it does taste a little salty, but they do have a high amount of protein for under 200 calories if you are in a rush and don't have time for actual food.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I only ordered one box "cry" It pushed CCCD down to #2 for me, I love it!
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options

I just did this and they are sending me two bars. Thanks for the tip @Confuzzled4ev

Welcome! They are expensive bars.. Rather try them first and see if I like.. before spending that much on them.. ya know?
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

YAY I like this idea!!! Thanks!
  • NaurielR
    NaurielR Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Ahhh I love these bars. I just ate one a couple minutes ago. I took one bite of it the moment I got back into my car (I'm not that good at waiting when it comes to chocolate lol) and was not that impressed. I decided to take the rest home and microwave it.I'm so glad I did! The taste was of bar was transformed! I've nuked other quest bars, and noticed little difference except a change in texture. But microwaving the double chocolate chunk quest bar completely elevated the flavor. It tasted so much like a brownie and had the gooeyness to match. Yum! I'm definitely getting this bar again.
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Guess I am the odd person out, thought they were gross, and returned to GNC.
  • NaurielR
    NaurielR Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Did you microwave it? I'm not kidding, it totally changes the flavor. I tried it room temp at first, and was very disappointed. I microwaved the rest for 10 seconds at full power and that changed the flavor. I've microwaved other quest bars and it didn't change the flavor at all. I can't explain it, but microwaving this flavor really makes it better (and I'm actually one who usually prefers the ultra chewiness of a room temp quest bar).

If you didn't microwave it, give it another try. I can't promise a miracle, but for me it really made a difference.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    They always stick to the plate when I microwave them...
  • RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    they are much cheaper if you order in bulk from bodybuilding.com, and sometimes you can get the same price on amazon but they ALWAYS come in stale!! they are horrible when they are rock hard like that. So I would really avoid amazon unless you really need that 2 day prime shipping.

They make me so full, and they are so yummy and full of protein that I'm just obsessed. They completely fulfill my sweet tooth urges!
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    I ordered some from luckyvitamin.com. Tried my first one, which was choc. chip cookie dough. Didn't seem very good to me. Have no desire for another one. Never thought of microwaving it. I hope the other flavors I bought are better...........
  • christianteach
    christianteach Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I tried this today and it's soooo good!! My favorite is still white chocolate raspberry but at 160 calories this edges out CCCD for 2nd. :)
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    you get 2 free?
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Yes. They will send you 2 free bars of your choice.l
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    I'm annoyed, ordered it from GNC, backordered... Ordered from vitamin shoppe, backordered! So now I have two orders for it out there and I still haven't been able to try it!
    amazon :wink:
  • MityMax96
    Options
    They always stick to the plate when I microwave them...
    use wax paper
  • MityMax96
    Options
    Did you microwave it? I'm not kidding, it totally changes the flavor. I tried it room temp at first, and was very disappointed. I microwaved the rest for 10 seconds at full power and that changed the flavor. I've microwaved other quest bars and it didn't change the flavor at all. I can't explain it, but microwaving this flavor really makes it better (and I'm actually one who usually prefers the ultra chewiness of a room temp quest bar).

If you didn't microwave it, give it another try. I can't promise a miracle, but for me it really made a difference.
    I do mine for 13 - 15 seconds