Wanting to loose a lot of weight!!

Options
I'm a 52 yr old lady who has diabetes and I want to drop at least 80 lbs. My goal is to get off of most of the medications I have to take on a daily basis. I am looking for friends with the same goals as myself to perhaps motivate each other since I have no support at home. If you think you may be on the same page as myself please add me as your friend. Thank you and good luck to us all!!

Replies

• RoseBlossom29
    RoseBlossom29 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    That's great Georgina. Trust me if you stick to it, you will definitely see results. :smile:

42326323.png
  • MC3791
    MC3791 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi! I, too, have diabetes and would love to get off the meds. I feel that I don't get the support I need at home either. I have 3 kids and a very slender husband (has NEVER been overweight), so I don't think he realizes the struggles I go through with diet. Maybe we can support each other.
  • harleygroomer
    harleygroomer Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    You may add me if you wish. so far I have lost 70 lbs and have another 60 to go!!!!! REMEMBER--this is NOT a diet, this is a lifestyle change. People fail at diets, they do NOT fail when they change their life for the better!! You will always watch what you eat and you will always exercise and most important---YOU WILL LOOK AT YOURSELF IN THE MIRROR AND LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU!!
  • pegahpegahpegah
    pegahpegahpegah Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I am 32 years. I gain lots of weight recently beacuse of my medicin. My goal is losing 30 kg. please add me and support me.
    Thanks
    Pegah
  • vgreeve
    vgreeve Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    We just found out that my hushand is diabetic this summer. We started changing our lifestyle in July and so far so good. His goal is to get off the meds too! He has lost 50 pounds so far and I have lost 33! It takes a while to get in the mindset and we have a ways to go but it is possible! Best of luck!
  • Jannah1208
    Options
    I am type 2 diabetic, right now my Dr took me off glipizide and I am now only on Metaformin 2x a day 500mg. I am eating a low carb based diet, basically 100g target daily, with this my sugars have been doing very well. I am 36, I was diagnosed at age 21, so I have been living with it a long time. My goal is never to be off meds, but to be healthy and controlled. I was on actose and gained a lot of weight and hit 232, about 5/6 years ago. Once off that demon drug, i did lose weight fast. I was able to keep it off for a few years. I got pregnant with my third who is now 2. I am back here to finish up. Currently 160 and need to get to 145-148. I don't mind giving you some support or even sharing some menu ideas. My husband has no idea, he is thin and needs to gain weight. He thinks I can eat anything I want like him. While he can eat a bag of cookies, just by smelling them my sugar spikes ...lol and I gain.