Calling All Women Who Lift Weights: HELP!!!!

Hello,

When I decided to start losing weight, I was focused on cardio more than anything else. Lately I have started to incorporate weights to my workout and love how great it feels! I have been cruising the community posts and have seen the amazing pictures of women who lift heavy weights and I now want to start. The only problem is that I don't know where to start. What exercises should I do? How many reps? Etc.. So, in all I would love to have your advice on how I can start and what exercises work best.

Thank you so much,
Wanna Be Lifter

Replies

• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Hi

MFP has several Groups that deal with weightlifting. you can find them in the "groups" link in the dark blue banner above.

here is a link

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/102-new-rules-of-lifting-for-women-nrol4w

Good luck in your journey
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    If you can afford a trainer, a good reputible trainer, thats the best way to go. You get a solid well put together program and learn proper form etc. If you can't afford a trainer, make sure you really research what you are doing so you dont hurt yourself. If you plan on eventually lifting real weight, you will definately benefit from professional help, thats just my opinion. I never lift heavy unless i have a pro watching my form.
  • ajkolb
    ajkolb Posts: 21 Member
    I recommend you research beginner lifting programs on bb.com. They also post video clips to each exercise if you don't know what or how to do it. It's a great start! It'll guide you. It also depends on your goals. Building muscle or trying to get lean.