any lifting ladies use creatine

Options
124»

Replies

• fitandgeeky
    fitandgeeky Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I noticed that! Seriously, it was just a balloon.
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Will give it a try as soon as my squat rack arrives :happy:!

Start before that so it you have ample supply in your body.
  • jrp31
    jrp31 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Here's a great video on creatine, it addresses some of the issues raised here.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QWx3qWrELzU&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DQWx3qWrELzU
  • sluggz
    sluggz Posts: 134
    Options
    what happened to all the unfounded creatine will make you die and not be able to have sex statements?
    Same thing that happened to my "balloon penis" gif, moderated out of existence I guess. Leaving what looks like an awkward moment between me and fitandgeeky. :grumble: :ohwell:

haha! moderating/removing large portions of a debate (involving sexual dysfunction) tends to leave some super awkward statements...
  • wilmnoca
    wilmnoca Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    There's creatine in my preworkout supplement and I happen to love it! Really makes a difference in strength and endurance for me. Plus the temporary water in the muscles makes me look stacked :)
  • fitandgeeky
    fitandgeeky Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    There's creatine in my preworkout supplement and I happen to love it! Really makes a difference in strength and endurance for me. Plus the temporary water in the muscles makes me look stacked :)

Which preworkout are you taking?
  • LiveLoveLift67
    LiveLoveLift67 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    http://www.muscleandstrength.com/articles/10-common-creatine-myths

I just read this article this morning.....i think i am going to consider adding it to my supplements after reading this.
  • happydaze71
    happydaze71 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I used it for quite a while, and literally felt and saw no change. Worth a try though
  • luv2bfitandhealthy
    luv2bfitandhealthy Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    On a cold Friday afternoon, I had come home from school. I had been thinking of the gym all day. I was hungry, didn't have any lunch. In fact, I didn't eat because I spent the money. For the past month I was saving up for something. Something special which I bought at GNC. I was surprised they didn't ask for ID; I was pretty sure the cashier noticed how nervous I was. Anyways, my mom asked my how my day was when I got home, but I ignored her. I have more important things to do. I run to the bathroom and unpack my bag. In my school bag is a white plastic bag from GNC. I open the bag, first removing the receipt and flushing it down the toilet to get rid of the evidence. My heart was racing now. I unpack the creatine monster from the bag.

I wonder what people will be asking me when they see that I will be 50lbs heavier. Should I say I was just eating a lot? I remove the label from the tub and tear it into a thousand small pieces. I flush that down the toilet, too. It is time now. I run up to my room when my mom ask me what I am holding. I panic, sweat drips down my forehead and my teeth chatter. "Mom, it's just for a school project". "What project?" "I don't know mom I just started it!". A tear runs down my cheek. I run upstairs and open the creatine, scooping upservings into a clear water bottle. What have I gotten myself into? I fill it with water and drink it. There is no turning back now. The creatine monster is inside me now, it will control me. What should I do if I die? I cant let my family know about this.

I open the creatine tub and throw it all out the window; a white cloud of mysterious dust sparkles into the wind so graciously. I feel the substance taking control of me; I am now the monster. I walk downstairs, its time to work out; time to get big. Now I worry, I don't want to get too big; people will think I use steroids. I do use steroids. No I don't. Creatine. All I see is the weights now, I am almost downstairs when I hear "Do you want a cookie I just baked". I know I do not have time for this **** now. "No mom I do not want a cookie" I walk in the basement and drop to my knees before the weights, tears running down my cheeks. I turn to the right and look at myself in the mirror. Oh god, what have I done?

The creatine has entered my veins, I can feel it raging inside of me. I look down and realize my 11 inch biceps have swollen at least half an inch. I've become scared of my own strength. My mother knocks on the door to tell me good night, but i tell her not to open the door...I dont want her to see me like this. Just a few moments later, I catch myself looking at myself in the mirror...I can barely recognize myself.

For the love of God, beware the creatine monster!
  • MagicalLeopleurodon
    MagicalLeopleurodon Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I use cell tech (?) Hardgainer creatine. Hubby was using it and i tried it. So far, its the only creatine that doesnt make my kidneys scream. As for results? Havent really been on it long enough to tell.
  • Arlo4
    Arlo4 Posts: 1
    Options
    Creatine doesn't make your muscles bigger. You can lose weight while using it. Creatine is going to keep your muscles from getting fatigued faster. When you could only do 6 reps with that heavy weight you will now have it in you to push your muscles to do 8 reps or to use heavier weight--this is were the gains come from.
    Also mixing all the supplements-everything goes through your liver so weigh that against why you are actually taking it.
    Loading helps the creatine effect to begin sooner(your body reacting to it) Best of luck!
  • a_vettestingray
    a_vettestingray Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    On a cold Friday afternoon, I had come home from school. I had been thinking of the gym all day. I was hungry, didn't have any lunch. In fact, I didn't eat because I spent the money. For the past month I was saving up for something. Something special which I bought at GNC. I was surprised they didn't ask for ID; I was pretty sure the cashier noticed how nervous I was. Anyways, my mom asked my how my day was when I got home, but I ignored her. I have more important things to do. I run to the bathroom and unpack my bag. In my school bag is a white plastic bag from GNC. I open the bag, first removing the receipt and flushing it down the toilet to get rid of the evidence. My heart was racing now. I unpack the creatine monster from the bag.

I wonder what people will be asking me when they see that I will be 50lbs heavier. Should I say I was just eating a lot? I remove the label from the tub and tear it into a thousand small pieces. I flush that down the toilet, too. It is time now. I run up to my room when my mom ask me what I am holding. I panic, sweat drips down my forehead and my teeth chatter. "Mom, it's just for a school project". "What project?" "I don't know mom I just started it!". A tear runs down my cheek. I run upstairs and open the creatine, scooping upservings into a clear water bottle. What have I gotten myself into? I fill it with water and drink it. There is no turning back now. The creatine monster is inside me now, it will control me. What should I do if I die? I cant let my family know about this.

I open the creatine tub and throw it all out the window; a white cloud of mysterious dust sparkles into the wind so graciously. I feel the substance taking control of me; I am now the monster. I walk downstairs, its time to work out; time to get big. Now I worry, I don't want to get too big; people will think I use steroids. I do use steroids. No I don't. Creatine. All I see is the weights now, I am almost downstairs when I hear "Do you want a cookie I just baked". I know I do not have time for this **** now. "No mom I do not want a cookie" I walk in the basement and drop to my knees before the weights, tears running down my cheeks. I turn to the right and look at myself in the mirror. Oh god, what have I done?

The creatine has entered my veins, I can feel it raging inside of me. I look down and realize my 11 inch biceps have swollen at least half an inch. I've become scared of my own strength. My mother knocks on the door to tell me good night, but i tell her not to open the door...I dont want her to see me like this. Just a few moments later, I catch myself looking at myself in the mirror...I can barely recognize myself.

For the love of God, beware the creatine monster!

:heart:
  • FitnessRXusaAnna
    FitnessRXusaAnna Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Five days is not enough time to judge if anything will work. Anything diet, exercise ect ect that is just not enough time for anything like that.

How long have you been training? You might not even need it. Creatine is usually used by experienced or individuals that have been training consistently for years.

Creatine Monohydrate is a extensively studied supp. IT IS PROVEN IT WORKS.

You do not need any of that crap that the marketing supp companies try to sell you.......I had a supp rep tell me that their creatine is formulated to fill my muscles with water to help flush out the lactic acid in my muscles. They will tell you anything to make a buck!! Lactic acid is removed NOT this way at all. Research shows that training can increase the rate in which lactic acid is removed as well as push back the anaerobic threshold.......plus if this was true why isn't every marathon runner buying up this amazing lactic acid flusher outer!! haha You are a woman and if your doing it natural there is no way your going to be HUGE monster scary CHICK!!!

Creatine Monohydrate is the ONE!

No it won't make you grow excess hair....(that comment was complete bull****) The major side effect is an upset stomach from taking to much of the stuff. If you find this the case just cut back or stop taking it.

Agree with the girl who says take it PRE-workout.

I take it pre-workout.

What the hell do people mean it will damage your kidneys......you know your body has creatine already without supplementing it.

I've been taking it for over a year.

Again though how long have you been lifting??? Do you need to spend the money on this at the moment. (Yes I read the thread that you already have for five days)
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options

Again though how long have you been lifting??? Do you need to spend the money on this at the moment. (Yes I read the thread that you already have for five days)

I'm on day 21 now, the biggest thing i notice is that i get a huge pump when i lift, but it doesnt last very long. I did put on about 5 pounds in the first 10 days or so. I hope its water, like everyone says !

I've lifted on and off all my life, i've been lifting heavy about 5 months, i have a pretty solid strict program with trainers, i'm not just hanging out in the gym goofing off. I dont know if im' experienced, but im definately dedicated and taking it seriously. The creatine was only 11$ . When i'm done with the supply i have, i'm gonna go off it and see if i notice a difference.

You've been on it for a year, do you cycle on and off? or just take continuously? I talked to a guy that goes on 2 weeks, off 2 weeks and that didn't seem right, i heard it takes a couple weeks to load.
  • sluggz
    sluggz Posts: 134
    Options
    You've been on it for a year, do you cycle on and off? or just take continuously? I talked to a guy that goes on 2 weeks, off 2 weeks and that didn't seem right, i heard it takes a couple weeks to load.

you don't have to cycle on and off unless you want to. If you were going to cycle it, 2 weeks is way too short of a cycle to get any real benefit from it.