started on the 1st

I started my weight loss experience on the 1st. I have gained sooo much weight since my daughter was hit by a motor cycle as she was walking. We had to decide to let her go after 21 days, 17 major surgeries, and declared brain dead.. I now have PTSD, depression anxiety. Well anyway I am an emotional eater. Now I am 168pounds and out of shape my goal is to get to 135 at 5 ft 4. that will be a healthy wt for me. I really need encouragement as we all do.

Replies

• tmuellenberg
    tmuellenberg Posts: 265 Member
    Wow, I am so sorry for your loss, I can't even imagine how hard that must be. I can imagine it's even harder being an emotional eater, I know I am at times too. Feel free to add me, i'd love to help encourage you on your way to 135!
  • Rai007
    Rai007 Posts: 387 Member
    you are a strong person!!
    start with a good exercise program
    it will help with depression too
    and learn portion control
    i hope and pray that u will be fine.
  • Drdisney
    Drdisney Posts: 90 Member
    Wow .. I am sorry to hear your story. I can't imagine. For the weight loss just remember its progress, not perfection. I often get discouraged because I dont change as fast as I would like, so keep reminding myself that it took me 52 years to get to where I am so I am not going to be able to change that over night. But if I keep making healthy decissions, and I will improve. Good luck on your journey. Feel free to add me, we can cheer each other on.
  • hopeinmn
    hopeinmn Posts: 35 Member
    I can't even imagine your pain. You are stronger than you think. Feel free to add me for support. Baby steps but every effort brings you closer to your goal.
  • Fkika3131
    Fkika3131 Posts: 208 Member
    I am so sorry to hear about your daughter. I can't imagine your pain. My prayers for you and your family.

You are a very strong person to start this awesome and fantastic program, where you will find awesome people to help you out through your new journey.

Good Luck in your new journey. Feel free to add me....we can motivate each other.
  • ractrev
    ractrev Posts: 426
    So sorry for your loss.....there could be nothing worse. I hope you can lean on friends and family for support at home, and there are many people on here to help support you with your health.

I wish you peace and very good luck!