What is going on?

Options
I've been using MFP for 10 days now, faithfully logging in and keeping track of my calories. I've been doing the shred for five days now, and I've GAINED two pounds. It's things like this that make me just want to give up.

Replies

• Thick80
    Thick80 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Have you been drinking your water? Also, make sure you're eating enough calories. It will happen!!! Good luck!
  • andrewford
    Options
    Don't get discouraged... stay the course and the results will come.
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Also measure yourself don't just weigh. Stick with it, it will happen :flowerforyou:
  • doccaroo
    doccaroo Posts: 18
    Options
    I undertand completely. I am also during the 30 day shred with everyone and on top of that I am going to the gym. So it is an hour at the gym in the morning and Jillian in the evening and NOTHING. I have followed my calories to a tee. I don't eat extra when I put in my workouts, I just eat my 1200 and ignore what i burn for working out. That might not be what I am supposed to do not sure though.

We have to stay strong and keep moving forward. I am glad you made this post, encouraging you will help me to encourage myself. Hopefully someone could explain this craziness to us. Good luck and keep going. Slow and steady wins the race.
  • noble1987
    noble1987 Posts: 132
    Options
    Never give up!!!

You WILL lose weight, you just have to give it a chance hun...

Keep working hard! Good luck x
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Sometimes the first week or two is the hardest! Don't give up, keep reading about it and educating yourself and you'll be able to see what works and what doesn't - that goes for food and exercise a like. You can do this! :)
  • balfonso
    balfonso Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Don't worry. Just keep doing what you're doing. All that exercise is working. Remember weight loss doesn't happen overnight, so just persevere with it remembering to keep drinking lots of water as well.
    I undertand completely. I am also during the 30 day shred with everyone and on top of that I am going to the gym. So it is an hour at the gym in the morning and Jillian in the evening and NOTHING. I have followed my calories to a tee. I don't eat extra when I put in my workouts, I just eat my 1200 and ignore what i burn for working out. That might not be what I am supposed to do not sure though.

For some people, eating all or most of your exercise calories helps with weight loss. If it's not working for you right now, if you're eating at 1200 calories a day even with exercise, then perhaps you need to up your food intake - balance it out throughout the day if you have exercised.

For others, [like myself] I mostly eat 1200 calories a day but if I've worked really hard and have burnt a huge amount, I will eat more than 1200 calories; about 10-30% of exercise calories depending if my body says I'm hungry, I will eat.
  • bree1609
    bree1609 Posts: 136
    Options
    Thank you for all the support! I'm feeling a little better. I had a talk with my husband about our eating habbits and said they've got to change a bit more. Then I went to the grocery store and bought healthy foods (fruits and vegetables) to plan out my meals for the week so that I'm not stuck with a last minute bad decision.

I don't want to give up! I always give up, and that's why I joined this site. I knew if I needed a push I would get it here. Thanks again :-)