Post Op Knee Surgery Looking For Upper Body Workouts

Options
I am currently 1.5 weeks post-op knee surgery...I can not walk long distance and I can not drive...I have cabin fever BIG TIME!! I have been watching my eats but I really need some advice, suggestions on any upper body workouts that I can do at home without using my knee...anyone know of any routines??

Replies

• joshdann
    joshdann Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    you can get a handbike. lots of people with mobility issues use them. You can also do pullups, situps, one legged squats, stuff like that. It won't be the same caloric burn that you would get with full mobility, but you do have options.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    You could do modified kickboxing routines,there are ones that focus on upper body. So fun! Fitnessblender.com has a search function where you can sort by difficulty, length and upper/lower/abs and so on.
  • Mongognom
    Mongognom Posts: 123
    Options
    I used water bottles as weights and used them as makeshift weights. And there is also basic Pilates that stretches without putting pressure on your knee.
  • sioark55
    sioark55 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have has major knee surgery twice, and if i remember correctly, just doing my rehab got me puffing.... as for upper body, the make-shift home weights: bean can, water bottles etc are all good ideas. If you sit and listen to the radio of watch tv, give yourself a challenge of one exercise until the adverts. Something as simple as clenching your bum in rythum to a tune can be great!
  • leapsonbounds
    leapsonbounds Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I've got my left leg in a boot right now. I've been doing the Jessica Smith chair aerobics. Go to youtube and then search "chair workout." It's 37 minutes long (part aerobics, part weight training mostly upper body) and it gets your heart going! Good luck.