To Drink Or To Lose... (What's Your Answer)

Options
123457»

Replies

• kkzmom11
    kkzmom11 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    to the 2 gentlemen that referenced those sites for alcohol and food and metabolism.........thank you. however, IMHO, these aren't websites that are known and trusted for medical or nutritional information. so, until cleveland clinic or some well know medical place says that eating when drinking alcohol is a horrible idea for revving metabolism, i will have my wine and dinner at the same time. thank you
  • lesliev523
    lesliev523 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    This thread has confirmed the fact that I am going to hit up happy hour when I get out of work!

I enjoy wine 3-4 nights a week... a couple glasses usually. I have lost weight.

But I will admit, I have plateaued. I am going to be doing the 24 day challenge in the next week or two... so I will be giving it up then. After that, I will decided if I want to start again. I may not...
  • perfect_storm
    perfect_storm Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    As many have said you can have it just count it. I am neurotic about it tho.....I weigh my glass then zero out the scale and pour exactly 5 oz. every time I have a glass so I can accurately log it. If I don't do this I will go overboard and drink it all, cause I love my red wine so much.
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    One of my hobbies is beer - I'm a homebrewer with a lovely Rye IPA on tap at the moment. So yeah, you can have both. When I was trying to lose I cut back a bit, but I would never dream of cutting it out.
  • joshdann
    joshdann Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    As many have said you can have it just count it. I am neurotic about it tho.....I weigh my glass then zero out the scale and pour exactly 5 oz. every time I have a glass so I can accurately log it. If I don't do this I will go overboard and drink it all, cause I love my red wine so much.
    keep in mind that 1 floz (a measure of volume - how wine and other liquids are typically measured) is not the same as 5 oz (a measure of weight that your scale gives you). They may or nay not be similar, I've never weighed wine... but the 5oz serving you're trying to accomplish is almost certainly by volume, not weight.
  • joshdann
    joshdann Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    to the 2 gentlemen that referenced those sites for alcohol and food and metabolism.........thank you. however, IMHO, these aren't websites that are known and trusted for medical or nutritional information. so, until cleveland clinic or some well know medical place says that eating when drinking alcohol is a horrible idea for revving metabolism, i will have my wine and dinner at the same time. thank you
    I guess if The National Center for Biotechnology Information isn't good enough for you, then by all means... carry on.
  • PeterCohenUK
    Options
    Enjoy what you love and just spend sometime to exercise. LOL, it's simple isn't it?