how many ml is in a glass of water?

Options
nikkiclaire123
nikkiclaire123 Posts: 119
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
i only ask because i dont drink glasses, i have 500ml bottles as i need my water ice cold, otherwise i wont drink it. and i want to track how much water i drink

Replies

• fatoldladyonamission
    Options
    I believe a cup equates to 240mls. I had to Google it as I'm a Brit and didn't have a clue what MFP meant by cups!
  • nikkiclaire123
    Options
    lol thanks, i thought it would be around that mark, im british too :) and i hate measuring in cups, it feels inaccurate
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Depends on how big your glasses are. I think for my 1ltr bottle that equates to 4 glasses of water. I just do it that way, not that I actually track my water any more. I lose count.
  • Jacob_Whittle
    Options
    your average tumbler type glass is like 250-300 mls. simplest thing to do would be to pour a glass of water into a measuring jug or weigh your glass empty then weigh it again full of water and the difference is the weight of water.....1g of water is equal to 1ml
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    I take a cup as 250ml, which is the metric cup. It's probably a few ml out from the 8 fl. oz that those few still on imperial measurements take.
  • misschoppo
    misschoppo Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    For the purpose of tracking my water intake on here I use 250ml as 1 cup.
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    For the purpose of tracking my water intake on here I use 250ml as 1 cup.

This.

But I don't track my water, I have a 750ml bottle on my desk that I make sure to refill 3 times a day. Anything after that is a bonus :)
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    i only ask because i dont drink glasses, i have 500ml bottles as i need my water ice cold, otherwise i wont drink it. and i want to track how much water i drink

A metric glass is 200ml. metric cup 250. beer glass 350, i think you just pick somewhere around there. :)
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    250mls
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Well it matters less exactly how many glasses you drink - what matters is you're drinking enough to keep your pee pale and not too pungent! That's the sign you're not hydrated enough, when you go to the loo and it's dark, seems thicker, and has a stonger smell. I find too, if I'm not drinking enough, my bladder gets irritable and I need to pee more frequently and there's not much there. Because the urine is more concentrate I suppose.

You would need to drink different amounts at different times depending on how hot or cold you are; how active you are; what you've been eating and how much fluid that contains; etc etc.
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Well it matters less exactly how many glasses you drink - what matters is you're drinking enough to keep your pee pale and not too pungent! That's the sign you're not hydrated enough, when you go to the loo and it's dark, seems thicker, and has a stonger smell. I find too, if I'm not drinking enough, my bladder gets irritable and I need to pee more frequently and there's not much there. Because the urine is more concentrate I suppose.

You would need to drink different amounts at different times depending on how hot or cold you are; how active you are; what you've been eating and how much fluid that contains; etc etc.

I go by colour of pee too, I lose count of how much water I drink so other ways to tell you are hydrated enough help. I drink tea, lots of fruit squash with water so it all counts!
  • nikkiclaire123
    Options
    my pee is always a good colour :) i figured it was about that amount. but i tend to lose count as i just grab bottles out of the fridge. i do drink enough though. and have to pee like crazy all the time
This discussion has been closed.