No responses the first time :(

Options
13»

Replies

• septembergrrl
    septembergrrl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    you've lost 40lb, if your scale really is out by 20lb, then it was out by 20lb at the start, and you started 20lb heavier than you thought.... so you still lost 40lb

Really good point.

OP, get a new scale. I was having similar problems, so I did, and it makes me feel much more confident about weigh-ins if I know I can't "lose" or "gain" four pounds by moving the scale a couple inches. It is frustrating, but scales are imperfect. Sometimes they're gonna wear out.

And congrats on your loss.
  • kckBxer396
    kckBxer396 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I rely on measuring,and only weigh myself when I notice a difference in my clothing. The larger numbers lost are really gratifying,and help me stay motivated. I would say you should buy a new scale,but I seriously need to buy a new one and don't have room to talk. haha
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I just went through the same scale drama. I dumped my old scale, bought a new one, and cried as it was 16 pounds heavier than my old scale but it did match my docs scale.

After I got over the initial shock and I accepted that I did weigh that much more, I made friends with the scale and I weigh EVERY day. I undestand that weight goes up and down especially with a womans cycle but I account for that. As long as the scale keeps going down in a general manor I know I am doing good.
    I think you should do the same. Every time I quit weighing, so much time would go by that was wasted, and of course I would have gained again.

You have no time to waste. Get a new scale and keep on it!

That is my advise to you.

Also, I keep my scale on a board and its very accurate.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!