NSV- My wedding ring keeps falling off

Options
Wife happy with weight loss, but not that I keep losing my wedding band :)

Replies

• deedzzz
    deedzzz Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Yey great NSV!!!
    Don't get it resized yet in case you lose some more, instead you can add a ring guard for around 5$ :)
  • runningvegan
    Options
    That's awesome! Looking forward to the day when I can get mine back on!
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Whoop whoop! Don't lose it though. Seriously.

Funny ring story: My husband, the day after we got married, went swimming in the ocean with his wedding ring. Of course, it fell off. THREE HOURS LATER, a guy that was helping him search for it found it. I don't know how that happened, but it was a miracle!
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    congrats

i wish I could count that one, but no matter my size in the same day my ring can be both too big and too small as my finger size varies a lot as my hands change temperature. I'll just have to keep pushing for others.
  • SimplyDenyse
    SimplyDenyse Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome! My wedding ring stopped fitting and my hubby actually bought me a larger one for our 10 year anniversary. Well now months later the new one is falling off all the time and im back to wearing my original wedding ring :) YAY!!
  • shrinkingbrian
    shrinkingbrian Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I need to get my ring resized too. My ring doesn't even fit on my middle finger now that I have lost over 200 pounds.
  • funnybun1
    funnybun1 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    after losing almost 80 lbs...my engagement ring now fits on my middle finger :) Have to wear it there so I don't lose it. Will get it sized after I lose some more weight and see what size I'll actually need instead of paying to have it sized like 3 time :)
  • WinwillLose
    Options
    Time to go to the jewelers and have them fit it with some sizers. I wear my band on my thumb, and I have a cheap temp band on my ring finger. Hubby said we will get new rings for our wedding anniversary, weight loss bonus!! Of course, I'm just talking about a band.
  • Helenov
    Helenov Posts: 56
    Options
    Yeah, that happened to me too, don't get it resized yet, put it on a chain until you are ready to maintain, then get it resized
  • shutyourpieholeandsquat
    Options
    That's the FIRST thing I noticed. I've had to move my left hand middle finger ring to my index finger and my right hand ring finger ring to my middle finger. I bought a package of clear ring guards at Wally World because I won't have them resized until I get where I'm going to STAY forever in my weight :)

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!

ETA:

Also when winter comes and the temp drops my fingers always get smaller anyway, so be prepared! LOL
  • spearfox
    spearfox Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Same thing with me. My ring was getting too loose so I don't wear it anymore.
    Congrats on the loss.
    The weight not the ring.
  • shrinkingbrian
    shrinkingbrian Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    On the night before I got married, I was playing basketball with my future brothers in law. I jammed my ringer finger on the ball so I couldn't even fit my ring on my ring finger. It took a few days for the swelling to come down. All of our wedding pictures have me with my wedding ring on my pinkie. It's a funny story to tell now. Word of advice: don't play basketball during your bachelor party.
  • FrauHaas2013
    FrauHaas2013 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    This just happened to me for the first time last night! It's been getting loose, but last night was the first time they actually fell off!!! For now, I'm just adding some tape/bandaid to keep it tight enough so it doesn't slip off again. In the meantime, I'll look for one of those adjustable guards...and when I reach my GW I'll have them resized. :-D A great NSV, but v-e-r-y s-c-a-r-y!!! I would D-I-E if I lost my rings!!!!!
  • swpguy
    swpguy Posts: 15
    Options
    6" of tightly wrapped yarn trumps your $5 guard. :wink:
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    My husband and I don't wear our rings. He keeps losing his, and finding it again. Mine just falls off because I've lost over 60 lbs now.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!