sports bras for the heavy chested

Options
2»

Replies

• ilessa
    ilessa Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have shock absorber bras and I find them really good, they do a range of support levels from 1 (low impact) to 4 (high impact/big busted ladies).

There are a range of styles so worth a go. Definitely hold these puppies in!
  • splashtree2
    Options
    It just sucks trying to do things like jumping jacks and it feels like my chest is ripping apart. How much do the Moving Comfortable ones cost?

There are really good deals all over if you go to sport store or big stores you find cheap ones and good as well the important is that runing and general cardio you usually use high impact bra that's for exercise that involves jumping,runing, aerobic and so on.
  • smalls9686
    smalls9686 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    But Vs doesn't have NEARLY enough size variety for most women and they know NADA about actually fitting properly...they had me in a 36DD (i went in for *kitten* and giggles) but I am a 32FF I mean seriously the people in there are airheads..well that's a bit harsh they are just money hungry and will sale you anything no matter if it fits! Do NOT GO TO VS! Get fitted at a PROPER store like Norstroms and once you have your correct size you can get a good sports bra anywhere. Key is if it comes in small, med, large sizes it is most likely not going to be very supportive, you need a sports bra that is sized like a real bra.
    VICTORIA'S SECRET INCREDIBLE. it's the best ever. I just got it & I'm in love. Get fitted- I was a different size for their sports bras than regular. It's a racerback style but still has hook closure in the back. Great control! I've been wearing a 36-38 D, but I ended up with a 36 DDD sports bra! It felt tight in the band, but the woman helping me advised me that that's a good thing for keeping them in place! If I'd been shopping alone I probably would have gotten the 38 and it probably wouldn't have had as much control.

What I've been wearing for years before this is a different VS Sport bra with molded cups (but it still bounces), plus a moving comfort normal sports bra (not molded) on top to strap it all down. That has worked fine, but I'm excited that the Incredible lets me wear only one bra! It's definitely worth the money, considering I know I'll be wearing it for the next several years! When I lose weight I can always use the smaller notches on the band :)

I've heard good things about a particular Lululemon one for big-chested girls too, but i've never tried it. I'm not a fan of Moving Comfort really; I use the one I have just for compression on top of my old VS one!
  • SophK90
    SophK90 Posts: 56
    Options
    I'm a 34e and i am NORMALLY happy with what i find in sports direct.
    I dont think the heavy chested will ever avoid the 'occasional bounce' regardless of the sports bra
  • shell_mc
    shell_mc Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    The Dillard's near my house just started carrying Wacoal and Natori brand sports bras, both of which are available in extended sizes. I'd definitely suggest getting fitted by a professional first (not VS, try Dillard's or Macy's, or a specialty lingerie store). I thought I was a 38D, but actually needed a 34G.

Online, I've used herroom.com. They have a great selection of bras and swimwear for the more endowed woman :) Freya is another brand that I swear by. That and the two I mentioned previously are all true to size, in my experience, so I've never hesitated buying any of the three.

Good luck!
  • yeags84
    yeags84 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a 38DD. I have 2 sports bras that I use all the time: CW-X Women's Ultra Support Running Bra and Moving Comfort Fiona. I like the CW-X *slightly* better than the Moving Comfort, but they both do a great job at keeping the girls in place.
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    Someone once told me to get a sports bra one size smaller than what I would think to buy. I just get mine cheap from target. I'm a 36D and I buy my sports bras in a medium. Seems to do the trick for me.
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I'm a 34 D. I just bought a champion compression bra at Target on Clearance. It fastens like a normal bra, it's tight and secure and keeps the ladies from bouncing around. It's sized like a normal bra. At first I thought I was too small, but it's just made that way.
  • odo136
    odo136 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am another vote for the Enell bras. They were pricey but very effective. I am a 34 D.
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Hands down...moving comfort. I wear a 40DD in a regular bra and was recently fitted for the moving comfort jubralee. I love how supportive it is when I run and it's very comfortable. Some people have recommended wearing two bras but that is way to uncomfortable for me!
  • llw1013
    llw1013 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Pre-reduction(best thing I ever did!!!!), I had good results with Moving Comfort Fiona and Enell. The back or front hook ones are best. I think Shock Absorber also makes a good one, just look for one with a clasp. Who the heck designs bras for big busted women that you have to pull off like a shirt?! There's nothing more comical or frustrating than a big-boobed sweaty woman trying to pull a wet bra over her head.