help figuring out the best excercises

Options
Last year I lost about 50 some lbs dieting and excercising with the help of this site. In late January this year I had a very extensive surgery on my bladder, vaginal vault, rectum and intestines. Apparently they all wanted to see what it was like to be on the outside of my body. This is the second time my insides have prolapsed and so now I'm limited on what I can do for the rest of my life. I can't squat, jump, bounce or anything else that would encourage gravity to do it's job. I also have a very hard time doing sit ups, it does a hell of a number on my bladder. I gained almost all my weight back (about 35-40 lbs) since my surgery and I have almost no stomach muscle tone due to the incision site and the way they stretched and pulled all my muscles. This makes my stomach look horendous. I don't like it.

So now that you all have way to much information about me.....

I've been doing workouts on the daily burn, it's a channel on Roku for those who don't know. A lot of the workouts are dancing, strength training, boxing and then yoga. Yoga works good for me, but I don't feel like it's enough. I've been doing the dancing and then just modifying the moves when they start jumping around, bouncing and squating. But they do a lot of that. I feel kind of like I'm cheating, or skipping out, I don't know, I would just like to be able to complete a good cardio workout from start to finish. I don't know if anyone has been in this situation, but I would really appreciate it if someone had any idea of what workouts I can add that I would be able to do. I have an eliptical and I hop on that pretty often, but I want more. I want to get back to where I was after my 2nd kid, and I'm dedicated, I just feel so broken.

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I would check with your Dr. first, but some ideas that come into mind are power walking ( I think running might cause too much bounce?), have you tried cycling or rowing (not sure if this would have a similar effect to sit ups though, would not use resisitance)? If you like to dance have you thought about country dancing? My fiancee and I line dance, westcoast swing, and two step and its not super intensive but if you do get a pretty good burn over time and its fun so you can spend a few hours at a club with friends and not even feel like you are working out!
  • ELMunque
    ELMunque Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I do walk, and it works well, but if I walk too fast it hurts my bladder. I like the idea of country dancing though, I've always wanted to learn all the spins and turns and stuff! Thank you for that!