Can you recommend a good stretching DVD?

Options
One of the things I tried on my recent trip to Canyon Ranch was a couple of stretching classes. I'm now thinking I would like to buy a DVD to do a couple of times per week at home. Is anyone doing a stretching DVD that you can recommend? I'm interested in something rather basic, maybe 20 minutes, that I can do at home. Thanks!

Replies

• cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    Of course yoga is wonderful, but I have a stretching (no strength) DVD I tried, and I really like it. I like the floor part, but there is a short standing routine as well. It's called Dynamic Stretch with Janis Saffell. The whole thing is 27 minutes. The floor part is about 20, and I use it a lot.

The stretches are kind of fast compared to how I usually do them in Yoga. That's good as a warmup, etc. Don't try to stretch too deeply at that pace though is my advice. There are a couple of back stretches in there that she should probably warn about or take slower, imho. They are easy enough to skip because they are so quick, so it's no problem unless you pull something, lol.
  • Blackdinomite
    Blackdinomite Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    p90x yoga!
  • ganzelly
    ganzelly Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    p90x yoga!

And the p90x stretch. Definitely longer than 20min but I feel so good after both if those DVDs.
  • pelleld
    pelleld Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!