Replies

• Rayanne203
    Rayanne203 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
  • Rayanne203
    Rayanne203 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    How many carb threads in one day?
    How hard is it to just look at the first 2 pages of this sub section?

Because I would rather ask myself.
  • srogers89
    srogers89 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    photogallery_secrets_to_portion_control_01_full.jpg

Portion control....

that is all

THIS^^^^^^

Feel free to check out my diary. I eat carbs EVERYDAY! I am losing weight using IIFYM and couldn't agree more with the above post. It is all about portion control, portion control and then some more portion control.

Your sister is right, in a sense, you WILL lose weight cutting out carbs. Doing that is a lifestyle choice though, the minute you re-introduce them it is almost guaranteed you will gain back any weight you lost and then some. So beware, feel free to eat like her and never see/eat carbs AGAIN.... or you can eat carbs, in moderation, enjoy those hearty meals and still lose weight. I think I know which option I would choose (HINT: Not your sisters).
  • GEMINI_STL
    GEMINI_STL Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Carbs aren't Evil, especially if you are a very active person, training, exercising, etc. You just have to eat the "RIGHT" kind of carbs in order to get the real energy your body needs to fuel itself and not the junk carbs. Been learning a lot about this myself in the last few weeks. Of course you want to avoid, Breads, Grains, etc. if you are trying to lose, but there are plenty of other Good Carbs out there and NO, they aren't nasty! LOL! Feel free to message me if U want to learn more. But NO, they aren't evil, just need to know which carbs to eat and the right times to eat them.
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    No.
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    They definitely are. That's why they make so many horror movies about people being attacked by carbs.
  • SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I also had this huge good food bad food mind set. And also when it came to carbs!!

There is no such thing as bad food.
    Portion control and getting it in your calorie goal is what matters!

I TRY fit mine into a certain percentage of protein, fat and carbs.
  • RebekahR84
    RebekahR84 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I've lost weight on a regular diet. I am currently on Keto, though, because someone told me to try it, and I love the way my body feels on it. But I don't think carbs are evil. I still eat lots of veggies, and some fruit. But, if I ever tire of being on Keto, then I will slowly reincorporate the carbs.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    So are they? It's Fall my favorite season full of warm tea under blankets and hearty meals. My sister who happens to be a fitness fanatic who is gluten free and dairy free hardly ever eats any carbs tells me I should eat like that if I want to lose weight.

The thing is...I LOVE CARBS! If I stay under my calorie count for the day shouldn't I be able to eat whole grains and potatoes?

Keep doing what is working for you and don't worry about the diet of others (including your sister).

You will continue to lose weight with lots of carbs in your diet as long as you remain at a caloric deficit.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    If you don't have any sort of blood sugar issues, the answer is no...you don't have to specifically restrict your carbs. I have to stay low to moderately low carb (up to 150g/day) for health reasons, but I don't think "carbs are evil". I love carbs, but have found I feel better and have less trouble staying within my carb guidelines when I keep my carbs to mostly veggies and a little fruit each day.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    I heard they annexed Czechoslovakia and invaded Poland. So yeah, they're pretty evil.

No wait: that was the Nazi's. Right?
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    So are they? It's Fall my favorite season full of warm tea under blankets and hearty meals. My sister who happens to be a fitness fanatic who is gluten free and dairy free hardly ever eats any carbs tells me I should eat like that if I want to lose weight.

The thing is...I LOVE CARBS! If I stay under my calorie count for the day shouldn't I be able to eat whole grains and potatoes?

So your sister is gluten free, dairy free and bad mouthing carbs?

Sounds like she has a poor attitude with food. Obsessive food restriction works to lose weight but it isn't much fun or mentally very healthy and often leads to nutritional issues. Don't follow.