I am looking for (and need) friends and support.

Options
Hey guys. My name is Samantha. I'm 5'3" and very petite/small-boned. Or at least I was. This last year of grad school has made me put on an extra 20 pounds, and has changed everything. I've gone from a size 3 jean to a size 8. I can't wear over half of my shirts because my stomach juts out more than my chest. I'm ashamed of pictures of myself because my arms always flatten out to seem really wide. Worst part? My wedding is in one month. My final dress fitting is in two weeks. If I could just get some extreme motivation to really slim down over the next few weeks (and hopefully stay that way) I would be so incredibly grateful to you guys. Please let me know!

Replies

• Hiker_Rob
    Hiker_Rob Posts: 5,547 Member
    Options
    Hi Samantha, good luck with your goals! There are a lot of helpful friendly people here to befriend in all sorts of age ranges. I found it easiest to find people with similar goals or methods as me and send them a request with a message. Most are open to receiving friend requests

All the best!
  • mom2fabfive
    mom2fabfive Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hello and congratulations on your upcoming wedding. Exciting and stressful time. I would be happy to support you. I have found a lot of support on this site and it has helped me lose and maintain a 30 lb weight loss. Feel free to friend request me. I am always happy to make new pals here. Tara
  • samolai
    samolai Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks, both of you! I see that this website has done a LOT of good for people, so I definitely want to experience that, too. See you around! :)