Diet pepsi addiction HELP!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• Katou86
    Katou86 Posts: 12
    Options
    THANK YOU LADIES!!! I just got a black cherry seltzer. You were right... This is what I'm missing...
  • Katou86
    Options
    For a diet pepsi addiction, I recommend switching to diet coke. So much better.

But seriously, the headaches will pass after a few days. You're stronger than me for trying to quit. I love that crap.

DAMN! Why didn't I think of that sooner =D
  • AbstractAsterism
    AbstractAsterism Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    The flavored carbonated waters helped get me through! Also, I now have a SodaStream, which their stuff is no calorie, no sugar (well, as long as you get the diet), and there's a version they have of Coke Zero which is pretty good!
  • popsicklestar
    popsicklestar Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I try to limit my sucralose and aspartame consumption. I've found some good replacements are lemon water and ice tea. You can add stevia if you need some sweetness.
  • Katou86
    Options
    I try to limit my sucralose and aspartame consumption. I've found some good replacements are lemon water and ice tea. You can add stevia if you need some sweetness.

I would like to avoid chemicals as much as possible. What is stevia? Is it natural?
  • jennybennypenny
    jennybennypenny Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I had the same issue, but with diet Mountain Dew. I also gave it up cold turkey. The first week was the worst. I couldn't drive by a gas station without thinking about it, I was craving it like NO OTHER, and I wanted to kill everyone.

I have coffee in the mornings now (to replace the caffeine and avoid the headaches, plus I liked coffee before) and otherwise I don't even think about it anymore.

So if you can make it a week, it only gets easier.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    At least it's Diet Pepsi and not that crap COKE ZERO.

YEAH, I SAID IT.
  • maggie16sweetxoxo
    maggie16sweetxoxo Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I have a diet Pepsi addiction! It satisfies my cravings.
  • missionskinnynow
    missionskinnynow Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    have you tried kombucha tea? it tastes sick in the beginning, but if you're looking for a "fizz alternative" i think its a good one. and you kinda get used to the taste! :)
  • Katou86
    Options
    have you tried kombucha tea? it tastes sick in the beginning, but if you're looking for a "fizz alternative" i think its a good one. and you kinda get used to the taste! :)

I have never heard of it... I will look into it though, thanks!
  • fairyt4l3s
    Options
    I've cut down, I still have way too many "sugar free" products but I only have a bottle a week as an end-of-the-week treat!
  • aleesh_
    aleesh_ Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I was drinking about 4 to 5 cans a day too, I just recently decided to quit cold turkey last weekend. This isn't my first rodeo though, I've "quit" before. What I'm doing is drinking coffee in the morning and then drinking water throughout the day. This time I realize that if I even have one can though I'll be up to my old tricks so I'm going to try my hardest to stay vigilant! Good luck, I don't believe in the sensationalism of "aspartame poisoning" but still even if it isn't bad for you it's probably not GOOD for you either :)
  • hungryhobbit1
    hungryhobbit1 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Stevia is a leaf which has been processed into the form of a sweetener, some people find it tastes a little bit bitter. It makes my husband violently ill. But yes, it's natural, as much as any processed product that originally came from a plant can be said to be natural.

I would like to avoid chemicals as much as possible. What is stevia? Is it natural?
  • jennybennypenny
    Options
    Yeah, I quit mostly for my teeth. If you're having multiple cans a day (and I was a 4-5 cans/day person too), that's a lot of acid on your teeth all day. And money. I like money and water is freeee.
  • Katou86
    Options
    I made it a week and I don't feel like I want to kill people for one anymore!!! Next is to give up beer...
  • jennybennypenny
    Options
    I made it a week and I don't feel like I want to kill people for one anymore!!! Next is to give up beer...

Giving up beer is just silly ;) But congrats on making it through a week with no soda!