What restaurants have a somewhat healthy choices?

Options
2»

Replies

• dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Pretty much anywhere you go, you can find healthy options. I try to just order some sort of protein (lean steak, chicken, seafood) with veggies for sides. You just have to be careful with the sauces or glazes they use, but you can always ask for them to not include that.
  • suppakana
    suppakana Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    One thing that you COULD do is ask for a half-sized plate of whatever you're interested in. Could always get half of it into a doggy bag immediately.

I ate at Olive Garden last night. Totally yummy. My plate arrived, I stirred up the cheese into my dish (Oh yeah, I got the cheese), and then I dragged my spoon down the middle of the plate. Half of it went into a doggy bag.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    just because it is advertised as low calorie doesn't make it healthy people.
    the best thing is just order whatever you like, and use portion control. ask for a box with it and take half home. or order off the kids menu since the portions are smaller. if possible check the menu ahead of time to get an idea of what dishes they offer.
    wendys has some nice salads.
    opt for items grilled or steamed, try to make veggies the main part and a lean meat and then work around that.
    many places sneak in a lot of oils and butters which can topple the calorie count over so just watch out for that.
    but enjoy your meal, and for me usually i just box half of it, mostly just order off the kids menu though since it is a sensible portion.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    chipotle kids menu is awesome. can get tacos or quesadilla, comes with brown rice or white cilantro rice and choice of beans, small chips and guac and chocolate milk, hell yeah! and it's like 5 bucks
  • guessrs
    guessrs Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Do your research before you go to any restaurant. The meals are high in sodium and cals. I look over nutrition info.