Five Reasons I Cried this morning

Options
Goal179
Goal179 Posts: 314 Member
5) I walked 2 miles in less than 30 minutes. One month ago, it took me 40 minutes just to walk twice around my small neighborhood
4) For the first time in about ten years, I woke up with natural energy. No diet pills, no coke zeros, no coffee, just natural energy that propelled me through my workout
3) I was able to walk at a pace of about 130 bpm without getting winded. I actually had to work a little harder just to get my heart rate up
2) As of this morning, I am officially down about 14 pounds and I have never felt better
1) I took my daughter to school and raced her up two flights of stairs and I didn't even realize that I was doing it. No heavy breathing, no knee pain. I amazed myself!!! How is this even possible when less than a month ago, I would not have climbed the stairs. I would have just watched her walk up and I would have stayed behind

I have had one foot in the door of commitment for my new lifestyle and one fit in my old lifestyle of sickness, pain, obesity and eating poorly. I never wanted to fully commit to this because I knew I was going to fail ....again. But I stuck with it and didn't give up and now one month later, I have both feet firmly planted into committing to my new life. I love the way I feel, I love exercising. I will get 100 pounds off. I have no doubt. And that just makes me cry with joy. =0)

Replies

• lavaughan69
    lavaughan69 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful! Congratulations on your accomplishments!
  • kborton1122
    kborton1122 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Amen! Keep up the great work and you will be greatly rewarded. You will feel like a brand new woman and nothing tastes better then that feels!
  • smoofinator
    smoofinator Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Keep it up! You'll continue to feel exponentially better the more weight you lose!
  • KAF711
    KAF711 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!
  • Kittylu
    Kittylu Posts: 19
    Options
    HI, I am so glad I read your message. I just started, well I have started a million times, but this time I am going to stick with this new lifestyle. Exercise scares me, but after reading that in a month you saw so much improvement has made me want to exercise. It's okay, I may be winded at first, but you just proved to me, it does get better! Congratulations and you should be proud.
  • mainscott
    mainscott Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story. I am back for my second time and this is my 3rd. day logging in and tracking stats. I lost 44 pounds the first time and stopped. A year later I have gained 30 back that I need to lose. I enjoyed your story and it will help motivate me even more. Bestest wishes, Scott
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    5) I walked 2 miles in less than 30 minutes. One month ago, it took me 40 minutes just to walk twice around my small neighborhood
    4) For the first time in about ten years, I woke up with natural energy. No diet pills, no coke zeros, no coffee, just natural energy that propelled me through my workout
    3) I was able to walk at a pace of about 130 bpm without getting winded. I actually had to work a little harder just to get my heart rate up
    2) As of this morning, I am officially down about 14 pounds and I have never felt better
    1) I took my daughter to school and raced her up two flights of stairs and I didn't even realize that I was doing it. No heavy breathing, no knee pain. I amazed myself!!! How is this even possible when less than a month ago, I would not have climbed the stairs. I would have just watched her walk up and I would have stayed behind

I have had one foot in the door of commitment for my new lifestyle and one fit in my old lifestyle of sickness, pain, obesity and eating poorly. I never wanted to fully commit to this because I knew I was going to fail ....again. But I stuck with it and didn't give up and now one month later, I have both feet firmly planted into committing to my new life. I love the way I feel, I love exercising. I will get 100 pounds off. I have no doubt. And that just makes me cry with joy. =0)

Now that is a nice way to start the weekend. Congratulations and keep going, some days are going to be extremely hard, temptation is going to come your way. But just focus on your goals and imagine how you want to look this time next year - that is what keeps me going. Summer 2014 I want to be able to wear real clothes - no black - bright colors. I have been wearing black for too long.
  • LiminalAscendance
    LiminalAscendance Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on all your accomplishments!

I only have to add my admiration at racing your daughter up the stairs!

I don't know what age she is exactly, but that doesn't seem to be no mean feat at ANY weight!
  • Chagama
    Chagama Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic, congratulations!
  • botaylor1166
    botaylor1166 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    That is absolutely fantastic!! I bet your daughter enjoyed that VERY much! I'm extremely proud of you and your accomplishments! It will only get better!!!!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Those are all wonderful things. :)
  • gc_tweety
    gc_tweety Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    You will accomplish your goals, no doubt here either. :wink:
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    How wonderful for you!
  • buffywhitney
    buffywhitney Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the inspiration and for sharing, we all need that. No doubt you will reach your goal with patience and the rewards are just beginning!
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Congrats, that is great :flowerforyou: I bet your daughter loved the race!
  • xRiverX
    xRiverX Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Brilliant and inspiring :)
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    You are too wonderful!!!
  • Tasada07
    Options
    Fantastic well done!! I have no motivation to exercise but have lost weight cutting calories thus far. Thanks for some inspiration!
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,814 Member
    Options
    that is fantastic, way to go
  • ckhardeman
    ckhardeman Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Good job