NSV - Jump rope

Options
epd17
epd17 Posts: 28 Member
This is my first post here and it's not a very significant one but something I'd still like to share.

I have been going to a boxing gym now for a few months. Each class we warm up with jumping rope. This is my least favorite part of the class. If you're woman and you have a large chest you know what I mean.

Anyways, they always challenge you to do different types of footwork and rope tricks....I always steered clear and just kept working on my simple jumping - I was having trouble with that alone!! I had no business doing that other fancy stuff! That was for fit people!

Well yesterday I did THREE successful double jumps (when you jump up in the air and swing the rope around twice before your feet hit the ground) and I did a rope cross (when you criss cross the rope while jumping) !!!!!

I was so happy that I couldn't stop smiling throughout the rest of the class. It made me realize that I was limiting myself. I was holding back because I didn't think I could do it. I CAN!!! Now I'm going to keep pushing for more double jumps! I may even try some other tricks....but baby steps.

I wanted to share this with MFP peeps because the weight loss journey is full of situations where you tell yourself I can't do this or I can't do that....but you can...you just have to try. If you trip over your jump rope and fall on your face (I have)...GET UP and start over!

If you've enjoyed this post and would like to friend me I'm looking for motivated people to help me along my journey! Good luck everyone!

Replies

• jennybennypenny
    jennybennypenny Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    That's really awesome! I have been too chicken to try double unders and generally stick to straight forward or straight backward jumping. You have motivated me to try!!!
  • Hayaa79
    Hayaa79 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    great post
  • epd17
    epd17 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    If I can do it anyone can!! Go for it!
  • nygiantschick
    nygiantschick Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! Same as you once I decided I was going to try the DU's I finally go them. Now I throw them in each time I jump rope (which I do about 4-5 times a week). Yes, you CAN definitely do whatever you set your mind to!!! great NSV and it IS significant because it is YOUR accomplishment!!!! YYYAAAAAYYYY!!!!!
  • Jacqson84
    Jacqson84 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Aw, congrats to you! Just got into this sort of workout so I'm truly inspired.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!