Motivation!

Options
Hi! I am Emylie. I recently decided that the 54 pounds I gained recently needed to go. My problem is motivation... I just don't have the drive to exercise all the time, or to eat super healthy. HELP! Anyone have any easy tips?

Replies

• ehorn625
    ehorn625 Posts: 144
    Options
    Unfortunately there are no easy fixes. You won't lose weight if you are not motivated and/or disciplined.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Start off by keeping it simple. Weigh/measure your food and track it here. Keep to a reasonable calorie deficit. Do whatever exercise you enjoy doing and can fit in. You can definitely make changes as you go along, to your diet (if you want to/think you need to) and with exercise, but it doesn't have to be all at once. You don't need to exercise at all to lose weight (although exercise is really good for you and I highly recommend it!) You just need a calorie deficit.

You don't need to eat certain foods either. If you want to make changes to get a better nutritional balance for your health, then great. If you feel you want to make changes to make it easier to meet your calorie goal, then that will happen. To start with though, just keep it simple and meet your calorie goal. As you start to see progress, chances are you'll feel a bit more motivated/excited about the whole thing.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Motivation comes from within. If you want to do it, you will.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately there are no easy fixes. You won't lose weight if you are not motivated and/or disciplined.
    I'm frequently not "motivated" to exercise or count calories. I do ok though. :smile: I agree that some degree of discipline is necessary though.
  • ehorn625
    ehorn625 Posts: 144
    Options
    I'm frequently not "motivated" to exercise or count calories. I do ok though. :smile: I agree that some degree of discipline is necessary though.

Indeed! When I am not feeling motivated, discipline kicks in (most of the time!). :laugh:
  • cwaters120
    cwaters120 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Motivation comes from within. If you want to do it, you will.
    absolutely this ^^^^
    Decide you want to and then commit to getting it done :bigsmile:
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    agree with the others... baby steps... and WATER WATER WATER!!!!
  • EmylieP
    Options
    It is not necessarily that I don't want to do it. I guess I am just having trouble STARTING. I feel like once I get it into a routine that I will do much better. I have never dieted before (although I should have) and my issue is starting it and finding a way to motivate myself.