Any one 5'4" and weighs abt 165lbs?need some inspiration

zd04
zd04 Posts: 1,160 Member
Hello!

I am about 5'4'' and I weigh around 164 lbs. I want to lose about 30 lbs first and would like to hear from ladies with a similar story. How did you do it? Would you be okay with sharing pics of your results? I'm struggling and would like some inspiration. :flowerforyou:

Thanks!!

Replies

• romancefan1983
    romancefan1983 Posts: 88 Member
    Welcome! I didn't take any before pics but I'm 5'4" and started my journey at 176lbs. I've lost 35 so far, 11 more to go. I did it by watching what and how much I ate and exercising. I still eat the same things....pizza, cake, cookies, etc but don't pig out everytime like I used to. Portion control is key!

You can do it!
  • Tldavis3s
    Tldavis3s Posts: 83 Member
    Hello :)

I am 5'3 and I started off at a weight of 185 lbs when joining MFP last year. During the first 7 or 8 months I ate at a 1200 cal/day diet. I didn't really exercise much though so I dealt with the low calories well. After hitting a plateau I decided to switch things up. I am currently at around 140 lbs but I have started a weight lifting program called New Rules of Lifting for Women. I was in maintenance mode and eating 1890 cals/day but I have found that to be a little much for me. I am slowly playing with my numbers to get a better fit for my maintenance calories. I would like to lose about 15 more pounds but once you get close to your final goal it gets a little trickier to lose. The weight lifting will also make it a little trickier for me to lose considering I want to eat enough to fuel my workouts and build muscle but still lose inches and lbs. Good luck on your weight loss journey!

a0uolc.jpg
  • zd04
    ohh...that sounds great....thank you so much for supporting... Btw may I know that in how much time you did it??
  • FP4HSharon
    FP4HSharon Posts: 664 Member
    I'm 5'4" and was 154 lbs/28% body fat at my highest. I'm at a maintenance weight now at about 125 lbs / 15% body fat. If that's close enough I'll share my story.
  • Tldavis3s
    Tldavis3s Posts: 83 Member
    I agree with the above comment of it all being about portion control! :)
  • zd04
    Hello :)

I am 5'3 and I started off at a weight of 185 lbs when joining MFP last year. During the first 7 or 8 months I ate at a 1200 cal/day diet. I didn't really exercise much though so I dealt with the low calories well. After hitting a plateau I decided to switch things up. I am currently at around 140 lbs but I have started a weight lifting program called New Rules of Lifting for Women. I was in maintenance mode and eating 1890 cals/day but I have found that to be a little much for me. I am slowly playing with my numbers to get a better fit for my maintenance calories. I would like to lose about 15 more pounds but once you get close to your final goal it gets a little trickier to lose. The weight lifting will also make it a little trickier for me to lose considering I want to eat enough to fuel my workouts and build muscle but still lose inches and lbs. Good luck on your weight loss journey!

a0uolc.jpg
    OMG!!! you're looking awesome
  • zd04
    HI ~ I am close - was close. I started in May of this year at 159.4. Sure didn't know i weighed that much when i finally got on the scale! I used to Never get on the scale - even at the doctors office - I told them what i weighed! And i am 5' 4.5 ". I joined MFP on
    May 7th and when i came to doing your ticker - what my goal was, well, I wasn't sure. So i put down 30 lbs. Honestly ~ I didn't really think that was in any way - possible. I have not been down to 129 since my 20's. By the way - i am 67 now - and very active. I took this on with a vengence! I don't really know why. But i know without MFP - i could not have done it. I don't add friends, and i am not on Facebook. Thats just me.. I am not unfriendly though and when i see a post like yours - i like to respond to it because i have gotten so much inspiration by reading so many successful posts on here.

I used to cycle a lot - 8 years ago. Even competed a lot in time trials. But i achieved my goal and got really into tennis - which i just love. Well - i played too much! Tore a tendon around my ankle- was in a boot and really did not do any exercise for months. This all started with the injury - a year ago. Then in May my son told me about MFP and said - " you know Mom, there is no reason why you can't weigh what you did when you were younger". Well - I never thought that was possible! So thats why i put 129 on the ticker.
    Started - logged everything and haven't missed a day of logging for 5 months so far. And I got back into cycling because i know that really burns calories. And added yardwork when i didn't feel 25 miles on a bike that day was enough! I don't eat all my exercise calories back - as - i want that to help me lose. But i do usually eat back 50-75%.

So now today - i am at 131 lbs! I want to change my ticker! I want to go lower! This really has not been that hard to do. I don't really ever have "cheat " days. With my exercise - i can have some treats everyday and that satisfies me. So i am not really feeling so deprived. I have cut out several things that i do not think are "worthy" such as butter, bread, pasta.

Hope this helps - you look a lot younger, so you can definitely do this. Do it now and don't wait until you are 67!
    You just have to really want it and attack it everyday. If you mess up a day, no problem, just start right back the next day.
    Its not a race - just keep with it and it will happen.
    Awww....
    You motivated me more to achieve my goal. I'm really glad to read posts by people like you.
    Thank you so much.
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    I am 5'4" and my starting weight was 165 last September. I'm 44 years old. Hit my goal weight of 125 in March. Did it by making a lifestyle change. I did not then, nor am I now, on a diet. I increased my lean protein intake, and focused on not just counting calories, but making my calories count. Lots of fruits and veggies added to my diet. I was never hungry.

But if I went out and had Mexican food for dinner, I ate chips and salsa. I had a chile verde burrito. Meaning, I continued to live my life. Life includes Mexican food and occasionaly cupcakes and cookies. So occasionally I had those things and felt ZERO guilt for doing so. I just focused on making my calories count for the most part, and enjoyed treats when they came along from time to time. I didn't have "cheat days" or 'cheat meals" because almost nothing was off limits for me, in moderation. So no feelngs of deprivation. I chose to eat right most of the time, and at the same time, I chose to enjoy a cupcake when I wanted to.

I must give a caveat that after March I began to have some issues with controlling my weight (as in I continued to lose beyond the intended point) and have had to work on not being afraid to eat and afraid to regain all the weight. But that was all based on issues I had long before I joined MFP and adopted a healthier lifestyle.

Joining MFP and committing to logging my food every day (good bad or ugly) was the smartest thing I've ever done and the friends I've met along the way have been second to none. I wish you the best as you reach for your goal.

edited to add: I did start out at a 1240 a day calorie count that MFP set for me. My weight loss plateaued at one point and beleive it or not, I increased my caloric intake to restart my weight loss. When you read this from other people, hear what they're saying. It really did work that way for me. I figured out my BMR and TDEE and chose a caloric intake that was based on that instead of MFP's random calorie assignment.
  • arw060310
    arw060310 Posts: 256 Member
    I am 5'4 and 160lbs or so. I have a one year old so I'm ready to get down to 125!

I was 130 when I got pregnant, delivered at 205, and I'm sooo ready to get rid of the rest
  • lilred806
    lilred806 Posts: 195 Member
    I am 5'3 and weighed 165 in January. I lost down to 157 by the end of February. Unfortunately I got discouraged and depressed the beginning of March. I began eating a lot and now I am 180. I just started back counting calories oct 1. I wish I had been able to come to terms with taking weight loss slow and steady before I ate my way to 180. I hope this isn't discouraging. I am really trying to tell you that you can loose the weight just take the time and try to enjoy the journey.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    didn't start at that weight have lost almost 23 though and maintaining although i lost by accident i think through a metabolism spike. am 5'4" started at 127 now 104.6 apparently.
    moving around, eating fresh foods and drinking water. no magic or secret. be honest about logging and as long as you are not eating more than your tdee you should be fine, best of luck
  • amrichards0711
    amrichards0711 Posts: 23 Member
    I am 5'4" and started MFP at 167 on August 6. I now weigh 154.6--down 12.5 pounds in a little less than 2 months. My goal is to lose 30 pounds by March 1, and then to possibly get down to 125, which I haven't seen in probably 10 years.

If you would like to be friends with someone who is on a similar journey and has had some success so far, send me a request. I'd love to be friends with you and share this journey!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    I'm 5'3 and started at about 165. I'm still trucking along, but I'm pretty happy with results so far. I eat around 1700 calories a day (usually more) and lift heavy MWF, and usually toss in enough cardio to hit 3-4 hours of exercise a week.

1lvLFMU.jpg

BrVMR12.jpg?1
  • traceylynnRN
    traceylynnRN Posts: 25 Member
    So I have been trying to lose weight for the last three years. I started (for the millionth time) back in october of 2010. I weighted 205 pounds and I am 5 feet, 2 inches. I went down to 180 and then had to get a second job (college student problems) so I stopped losing weight for a steady year. I picked it back up again and lost another 20 pounds putting me down into the 160s. I started nursing school and really pursuing a career and ignoring my other dreams. Somehow I let things go and gained 10 pounds putting me back at 170.

I thought I was gonna die. I seriously was going to give up because I thought it just wasn't meant to be for me. After crying and screaming and throwing a fit I finally decided that I was going to do this even if it killed me. I couldn't see myself being skinny and healthy anymore cause of the weight i had gained and I really felt like a failure.

It has been about 2 weeks since those moments. I have been getting back into the game and slowly feeling my motivation coming back. I weighted myself this morning and am down to 165.8 again :)

There will be these times when you feel the way you do but if you don't push yourself, you will never feel the success that you deserve. Make sure that you stay active no matter what. If you have a day where you don't want to go to the gym, go for a 20 minute power walk and see what that does to you. Usually that will get your blood pumping and your mind thinking. It is the smallest obstacles that have always held me back.

Whatever you do, DO NOT GIVE UP!! NO MATTER HOW LONG IT TAKES!

Quotes for you:
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

"Dreams only work if you do"- Unknown

"Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time" - Thomas Edison

Speak kindly to yourself, love yourself, encourage yourself. Don't be your worst enemy, be your own best friend.

Good luck on your journey. It is all yours and you must own it :)
  • I'm 5'3.5". Started in the beginning of August at 166 lbs. 13 lbs down so far. I don't have pictures, but I definitely already see a difference in clothes, I'm at least one size down. Two more to go :happy:

Oh, and I'm 47 years old, goal weight around 130.
  • ohyaynj
    ohyaynj Posts: 21
    I'm 5'4" and currently at 169.

I started at about 182 back in June/July. Initially I was swimming twice a week and walking a bit every day. Now I'm in the gym usually 4 times a week, and swimming (further & faster) once a week.

I have my calorie intake on here set to -1lb per week, but I don't think I average that really. I'm aiming to be under 165 by Christmas (and still under after new year)

My goal weight at the moment is 145, and after that will be 135 if I can manage it. That will probably be the lightest I've been since I was about 12...
  • Marsidote
    Marsidote Posts: 100 Member
    I'm 5`4 and 167lbs. Just starting my journey. Been doing T25 for about a week and loving it!! I do my first stats tomorrow. I can already feel my pants getting looser! My goal is 140. Feel free to add me anyone. We can root each other on :)
  • tiffanyraylene
    tiffanyraylene Posts: 97 Member
    I'm 5'3
    I started out 5.5 months ago at 191, currently about 163
    Love having new friends who know what they want and work hard to get there!
    Add me if you like :)
  • deeds2785
    deeds2785 Posts: 70 Member
    Im 5'3 and currently at 165...started at 187. :) Anyone can feel free to add me, the more support the better!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!