Turbofire - Knee Pain?

Options
I really love the Turbo Fire workouts, and am fine with the shorter ones (30 minutes or less), but I find that the longer workouts really bother my knees with all the twisting and turning. Is it my form? Is it my footwear? (I do the DVDs on carpet in my basement with tennis shoes on. I've also tried without shoes, but I don't like not wearing shoes with all the jumping.)

Anyone else have this problem?

(And I don't get knee pain with any other workouts -- not Insanity, running, Jillian, Chalean Extreme...just Turbo Fire.)

Replies

• rolemodel69
    Options
    I don't know much about the Turbofire series but do you have to do lunges and squat? IF yes take care of keeping your knees behind your toes when doing them as it can cause pain.
  • kls13la
    kls13la Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    No, it's mostly kickboxing type moves, where you are twisting back and forth from side to side.

I don't have problems with lunges and squats at all.
  • snsmyth
    snsmyth Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I had some knee pain in the beginning too. I tried a joint supplement and it helped, but Chalene really means it when she says swivel on your toes. Do the modifiers for a while and that might help.
  • JustineMarie21
    JustineMarie21 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I 100% agree. The lengths of the workouts don't bother me though. The HIIT workouts are the ones that really give me knee pain. Plus I do need better gym shoes. I also have been doing TF for 3 months and have not noticed my abs yet ...HBU