Constantly going over my Sugar intake...

Options
According to MFP, under Carbs, it lists my goal for sugars to be 40 Grams. I'm having a VERY hard time keeping under that. And not in a bad way, I think.

I usually have a medium sized, 8-inch banana (14.4 grams of sugar) cut into a cup of cheerios and yogurt for breakfast, and then have an medium-large Red Delicious apple (21.2 grams of sugar) with my lunch. That's already 35 grams of sugar in just 2, at most 3 servings of fruit.

Now, I know there's good sugars and bad sugars, so I'm not overly concerned on going over if its "good" sugars, but still.

Any advice???

Replies

• Swiftdogs
    Swiftdogs Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I completely ignore that one when it's mainly fruit. I've taken it off my diary.
  • PaulHalicki
    PaulHalicki Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    The key is the calories. Secondary is maintaining a balance. Try to eat natural and/or complex carb foods and the sugar hit to your system isn't as bad.
  • maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    I agree with Paul. Following your macros is good, but hitting your calorie goal is better.

Steve
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    Aslong as I hit my fiber intake I could careless about going over my sugar.
  • rosedraws
    Options
    I feel like it's a flaw in the program.

I am VERY carefully watching my sugar intake (for my adrenals) so it is greatly irritating that my current diet of zero sugar and only low-glycemic foods is ALWAYS over the MFP setting.

I don't think it's healthy to eat zero fruit, so that shouldn't be set as a norm.
  • lorihalsted
    lorihalsted Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    As long as the majority your sugar is from fresh fruit I wouldn't worry about it.