Exercises and need advice

Is it ok for me to spend two hours straight in gym per day?

Firstly, I did a 2.4km track walk on treadmill, then I did a 1+km track walk on Elliptical trainer, 1km track walk on treadmill and lastly, 20 minutes on Lemond G-Force exercise bike.

Should l cut short the time I am spending in gym?

Please advice.

Thank you.

Replies

• JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Is it ok for me to spend two hours straight in gym per day?

Firstly, I did a 2.4km track walk on treadmill, then I did a 1+km track walk on Elliptical trainer, 1km track walk on treadmill and lastly, 20 minutes on Lemond G-Force exercise bike.

Should l cut short the time I am spending in gym?

Please advice.

Thank you.

As long as you're eating right and recovering the time isn't a factor itself but more of what you do. If you're going to spend that much time then vary your exercise a little. Do some strength training within that time and cut some of the cardio. If you like variety then do elliptical one day, treadmill another, track another day, etc. Get the most bang for your buck, with the buck being your time investment.
  • AdrianBry
    AdrianBry Posts: 138 Member
    at 2 hours your workout does not look that intense so this may not be a problem for you doing it everyday but work up to a point where your workouts are more intense and much shorter
  • SteveHunt113
    SteveHunt113 Posts: 648 Member
    What are your workout goals? Why do you workout? Is it simply to burn calories or is there something else?
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Given the workout you listed, I don't think it's too long as in too strenuous, but you could definitely up the intensity somewhat, add some strength training, and still only spend about half the time in workouts with better results. It is just up to you. The biggest thing about working out is finding what you enjoy so you'll stick with it, whatever that may be.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Up the intensity and spend less time. Learn to run on the treadmill and burn twice as many calories in half the time and increase your fitness level.