Unsupportive friends/family

Options
2»

Replies

• TheRealBruceWayne
    TheRealBruceWayne Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel,

My husband is so unsupportive he says he likes me fat because no other men will want me. He sees me start a diet and he purposely goes out and bies 1Ls of Pepsi (My favorite drink I could have 4L a day) and leaves them around the house in the open for me to see. All he drinks is Dr. Peper so its not for his pleasure its to destroy mine. Along with pepsi he leaves Chips, Kitkats, Mcdonalds and pretty much any other temptation he can find. If I talk to him about my success he just puts me down trying to make me loose motivation.

What I am trying to say is I dont know what you can say I think misery loves company and thats why people are unsupportive not sure how to change that

How do people end up/stay in relationships like this?
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel,

My husband is so unsupportive he says he likes me fat because no other men will want me. He sees me start a diet and he purposely goes out and bies 1Ls of Pepsi (My favorite drink I could have 4L a day) and leaves them around the house in the open for me to see. All he drinks is Dr. Peper so its not for his pleasure its to destroy mine. Along with pepsi he leaves Chips, Kitkats, Mcdonalds and pretty much any other temptation he can find. If I talk to him about my success he just puts me down trying to make me loose motivation.

What I am trying to say is I dont know what you can say I think misery loves company and thats why people are unsupportive not sure how to change that

How do people end up/stay in relationships like this?

Because we have been led to believe that being with someone (no matter if he or she is not the most supportive person) is better than being with no one at all.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel,

I would also be tempted to unwrap the crappy food & shove it in his underwear drawer. Tell him you figured it must be his stuff, as he knows you aren't eating it anymore :bigsmile:
  • Winnick
    Winnick Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Wow, ur in a bit of a pickle. I also have European roots and food is a large part of tradiftions. However, health must prevail. Crazy weight loss strategies dont pay off in the end. They usually set ya up for failure. Making real lifestyle changes is what does work. Slow and steady wins the race. Personally, Im proud of you!!!!! Keep on, keepen on. Dont allow family to guilt u into eating when your already full. Blessings!