PMS and I want to EAT!

Options
Any tips for getting through these few days of chocolate cravings?

Replies

• ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Vita muffins vita tops. They are muffin tops that come in lots of chocolate flavors and other kinds too. 90-100 calories. I put low-fat vanilla yogurt on top with half a banana or strawberries cut up. Also, Fit & Active makes a yummy fudgesicle. I believe it's about 110-150 calories.
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Try fat free chocolate pudding or no sugar added fudge bar(popsicle). I am having the same issue the last 2 days but I crave salty stuff!!!:noway:
  • chrimm
    chrimm Posts: 2
    Options
    100 grams of dark chocolate will cost you about 550Kcal.

At times, I do crave for some chocolate. The easiest arrangement for me is to get lighter lunch and afternoon munch and replace the entire dinner with a whole slab of chocolate (100grams)

Preferably Lindt Dark 75%... but I have no complain with Cadbury Old Gold... :9
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    You know it's gonna happen! lol I keep a bag of semi sweet choc chips in the freezer. I allow myself a max of 10 chips. I let them melt one at a time on my tongue, one chip + glass (6oz) of water per chip. Sometimes it takes just a few, sometimes all 10 before the craving is gone. By the time I get through 4 I am sooo stuffed with water I don't want any more!

Good Luck!
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    You know it's gonna happen! lol I keep a bag of semi sweet choc chips in the freezer. I allow myself a max of 10 chips. I let them melt one at a time on my tongue, one chip + glass (6oz) of water per chip. Sometimes it takes just a few, sometimes all 10 before the craving is gone. By the time I get through 4 I am sooo stuffed with water I don't want any more!

Good Luck!

Wow, that is a great tip! :happy:
  • melanie92
    melanie92 Posts: 184 Member
    Options

Good Luck!
    /

I do the same thing!
  • SouthernBell86
    SouthernBell86 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I keep some Nutella around for moments like that. Spread the serving size on pieces of apple and it is a really rich chocolate taste, but also good protein in it from the hazelnuts in it.
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I'm PMSing too and I've eaten everything in sight.
  • alexia99
    alexia99 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    The 100 calorie chocolate bars are good!:tongue:
  • zenzoes
    zenzoes Posts: 187
    Options
    Chocolate and oats fiber one bars rock. Really, they almost have too much chocolate in them. So yummy!
  • elyse0210
    elyse0210 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I agree Nutella is always in my home for TOM. I spread some on a caramel or cinnamon and sugar rice cake. Also skinny cow iced cream sandwhiches are low in calories and everything else. Or try some sugar free jello pudding with some fruit. :) Hope these help!
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    weight watchers ahs some really good 100 or so calorie desserts
  • Sumatra
    Sumatra Posts: 181
    Options
    There are some really good tips here! I love the one chocolate chip at a time idea and also the nutella on apple. Both of those will probably help me out.

I also think I might try the breakfast idea I read last night next time I have those PMS cravings. It was oatmeal with peanutbutter, a little brown sugar and cinnamon. I bet that would take care of both the salty and sweet cravings.

I try to drink a lot of extra water around that time and I also snack on some almonds, that's been helping me, but it's still hard. I have to really stay focused on my weight loss goal and remember that my body really does not need to eat everything in sight, even if I want to!

Good luck, I know it can be really difficult!!!
  • Cathy_5011
    Options
    I will usually give in during that time of the month and have one small bag of M&M's. But I only allow on bag one time. So if I am really good I will have a few each day to last me the week. For the other three weeks I stay strong and stay away.
  • absie107
    absie107 Posts: 290
    Options
    I highly recommend eating real chocolate, preferably 60% or more dark if you like dark chocolate. The good stuff, no Hershey bars or imitation crap. Eat it really, really slowly and savor it, maybe with a cup of coffee. I know it's hard this time of the month, but wrap your mind around what you're consuming, eat with all of your senses, and a piece or two of Ghirardelli works.

Calorie counts:

4 squares from a bar of 60% cacao dark chocolate by Ghirardelli: 130
    3 individually wrapped squares of Ghirardelli milk chocolate with caramel: 156
    2 dark Lindor truffle balls: 160
    5 (yes 5!) milk chocolate with caramel Dove promises: 200

If you really want the chocolate, I suggest filling up on real, whole fruits and veg, whole grains, legumes, etc. and then indulging in the real deal.
  • carilyn39
    carilyn39 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: i just opened a dove dark chocolate promise. it has those lovely quotes inside you won't believe what this one said! "heres's to something more powerful than chocolate, hope" chew on that for awhile heres homing we all survive TOM nasty pest