Would you be f'ed?

Options
Apocalypse. No power. No water. No more grocery stores. Mass hysteria..

Would you be prepared?

Replies

• RN514
    RN514 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Oh please, the apocalypse isn't prepared for ME. ;)
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Sounds like CT after we got 2 feet of snow in October and 1,000,000 people had no power for 2 weeks. No gas stations, no grocery stores, no traffic lights, just mass hysteria.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    I just went to the store to stock up on maker's mark so no, I would not be ****ed if the apocalypse came around
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    i'd just kill and eat the zombies.
  • Sarahs2576
    Sarahs2576 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Similar to Hayleyd516 - In the event of an emergency I've hidden bottles of Vodka in strategic locations throughout my house. You're welcome.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    Similar to Hayleyd516 - In the event of an emergency I've hidden bottles of Vodka in strategic locations throughout my house. You're welcome.

:drinker:
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Well. I have about twenty gallons of water and a few pallets of water in my garage, 40lbs of rice, 20lbs of pinto beans, 35lbs of various other types of beans, vegetables that I have canned, and 10gallons of gas stored up.

I'd be ok for a bit, but long term I'd have to get out.
  • LurveTheDoctor
    Options
    Well. I have about twenty gallons of water and a few pallets of water in my garage, 40lbs of rice, 20lbs of pinto beans, 35lbs of various other types of beans, vegetables that I have canned, and 10gallons of gas stored up.

If you're a mild prepper, You should get a seed vault!!
  • DYfive
    DYfive Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Zombie Apocalypse plan has always been to go board up a Wal Mart...
  • whierd
    Options

I'm planning on it at some point, I want to get a water purifier first. I was checking out heirloom seeds the other day though. :laugh:
  • LurveTheDoctor
    Options

I'm planning on it at some point, I want to get a water purifier first. I was checking out heirloom seeds the other day though. :laugh:

I ALMOST bought a 300 gallon water tank.. Then decided against it considering we live in a large city. Maybe once we're able to buy a house out of the way. >.<

Still waiting on getting my compound bow.. Super excited about that one. Hopefully santa will bring me one...
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Every time I start prepping for a scenario like this...

...my wife mocks me for it.

True story.
  • baldzach
    baldzach Posts: 1,841 Member
    Options

* Like *
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Clarify: Are there zombies?

If Yes: I am screwed

If No: Should be fine. I buy my rice/noodles/canned goods in very large amounts, to such a degree that I have a closet just for that stuff (I shop at costco for anything that isn't fresh). I live on an island and have water purifiers, so I think I'd be fine in that respect, at least for a little while.
  • kkerri
    kkerri Posts: 276 Member
    Options

True story.

LOL. Same here. I mock him.
  • RN514
    RN514 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options

* Like *

;) True story!
  • LurveTheDoctor
    Options
    Clarify: Are there zombies?

If Yes: I am screwed

If No: Should be fine. I buy my rice/noodles/canned goods in very large amounts, to such a degree that I have a closet just for that stuff (I shop at costco for anything that isn't fresh). I live on an island and have water purifiers, so I think I'd be fine in that respect, at least for a little while.
    If it's zombies... You live on an island.. I'd say theres less chance of zombies coming from the main land.. OR you could get rid of all the zombies and live pretty well on your island. Unphased from the mainland.
  • whierd
    Options

True story.

Meh, I don't do any large scale prepping. Just common sense stuff that generally fits into my life anyway.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Apocalypse. No power. No water. No more grocery stores. Mass hysteria..

Would you be prepared?

No Power? I prefer candlelight so no big deal

No Water? Could probably go without water...If its a long session than this could become an issue.

No more grocery stores? In public isn't neccessarily my thing so I dont need a grocery store

Mass Hysteria? I wish

So yea, I don't see anything in your scenario that would prevent me from being f'ed.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I have a man, a bunch of lighters, and 2 loyal dogs. The 4 year old would probably hold me back a little, but my sense of survival wouldn't care where the meat came from and u know how to smoke ****, so I think if be okay.