Rewarding lost weight

Options
How do you reward yourself after losing weight? I know food is a bad option so I wanted some suggestions out there!

Replies

• thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Oh a lot of things - sometimes I'll buy a new pair of running shorts/shoes/whatever, or I'll pamper myself with a manicure/pedicure, what have you. I'll clean out my closet of my "fat" clothes to make room for the skinny clothes and look forward to that.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I'm terrible and reward myself with food. If I'm good all next week (working out and staying with calories), I'm buying myself my deliciously fancy Havarti cheese...
  • carlaunderconstruction
    Options
    For rewards think of your interests and what you want to indulge in a budget friendly way. A new book, sports bra, a night at the movies, another way to reward yourself is to put money in a jar when you lose a few pounds to save up for a bigger reward. The big reward can be given to yourself at set intervals like ten pounds, or when you reach your goal weight. Don't be afraid to reward yourself, and food is not a reward. I know it's a difficult concept for a lot of us, but it really hit home for me when I read an article about food being fuel for humans, and a reward for dogs.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I reward myself with new clothes every time I change to a smaller size. VERY motivating! :bigsmile:
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to think of something. My goal is 12kg by xmas, but i think I was so busy just hoping I'll make it, that I hadn't even thought about what I will do if I get there.

To me, I guess getting there is the reward. Does that sound too priggish?
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in goal weights so losing weight is not something I reward.

Back when I did reward weight loss I chose things like inexpensive jewelry, a new purse. Something I would keep for a long time so I would be reminded of my success every time I used or wore it. Clothes are something I had/have to get anyway and they go out of style, wear out, etc. so I would never consider them rewards.