Lose 10kg (22pounds) in 50 days?

Options
2»

Replies

• Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Nah... You can lose a lot of weight in 50 days if you really commit. Last year I lost 8kg in 60 days (10% of my total weight) and did not starve at all. It took me 9 months to gain it all back, mainly because of a knee injury that kept me from exercising. Right now I just started the whole thing over again with a goal of losing the same amount by the end of november. Sure, some of that was body water, bit the rest is fat + lean mass.
    And it's nothing fancy, just commit and be very very strict, don't cheat on yourself.
    a) get a low calorie diet with a net daily goal of 1000-1200
    b) eat small sized interspersed meals during the day, avoiding fats at all (never go over the 30 % MFP limit)
    c) do lots of steady cardio, like jogging / biking . I did about 5-6x times a week with an estimated 400-500 calories lost for every session. (If you jog slower you probably need more time to achieve that - I use the Endomondo app to track my calories/exercises).
    d) Two sessions of general weight training during the week to avoid losing much lean mass (you'll lo se anyway, just nota that much).

Main rule is dont cheat and keep exercising... If you want you can add me and I will try to help you out as I also to shed a lot of weight by November 30th.

NO :angry:

This is awful advice - really really awful, note how he has gained it all back.

I'm sorry but I'm going to give you advice that you don't want to hear - but bare with me.

With only 22lbs to lose your goal is far too harsh. You should be aiming to lose 1/2 - 1lbs a week of FAT - this is an important point, you want to minimise the loss of LBM as much as possible - esp as your goal is to be "toned". If you follow the above advice you will lose LBM as well as fat and end up smaller but with a high body fat % - I'm guessing you won't look like you want to according to your profile.

1) You want to eat a small deficit - if you follow the MFP plan set your goal for 1/2 - 1lb weight loss a week and eat back some of your exercise calories - or you could read these links and do it this way:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/963088-level-obstacles-lose-weight-target-fat-easy

this following thread is from an amazing group that provides solid GOOD advice to lose weight, there are a lot of links but I suggest reading them.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/833026-important-posts-to-read

2) Change your carb / fat / protein ratio - MFP has the protein set far too low. DO NOT avoid fats, fat does not make you fat and it is essential to your health and looks - too little fat = awful hair / skin / nails. Too many calories of anything make you fat. Try to find a balance a moderation of "good and bad" foods - don't cut anything out.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets

3) Lift some weights - lift heavy (for you) try new rules of lifting for women / starting strengths / 5x5 / stronglifts. This will help you keep your LBM mass so when you ditch the fat you look awesome.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/4618-stronglifts-5x5-for-women
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/119-new-rules-of-lifting-for-women-nrol4w-

4) do some cardio for heart health and so you can eat more - find something you enjoy and can stick with.

Yes you can possibly lose the weight in your time frame if you eat very low calories and exercise like a fruitloop on top of that.

No you won't be happy with how you look at the end and I'd bet my cats you'll be one of the 3 in 4 people who puts the weight back on.

Don't be that person - be the 1 in 4 - lose it slowly, get the body you want the first time around and don't fall into the diet industry trap of 1200 cals a day lose/gain/lose merry-go-round

Your holiday is for a few weeks - think how you want to look for the rest of your life, do this slowly and forever. :flowerforyou:

Yes this is all my personal advice but it's based on the success I have had - it's slow but getting there, and those around me who have hit their goals and more importantly MAINTAINED their goals or improved on them.

Crash diets don't work - they mess up your body and don't really teach you anything. :noway:

Good luck and I hope to see you with a kickass success story :drinker:
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I think it's a lot but if you're right at the beginning it might work. I lost most of my 10 kgs during the first 2-3 months of diet so... 1200 kcals per day, a few cheat days every now and then, 40 min of daily workout (6 days a week), lots of tisanes, that's what worked for me. Plus you look very similar to how I used to look when I started this journey (even though I'm shorter).

Good luck!
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    That rate of loss is possible and healthy IF you are obese, or a tall man. You are neither, so please slow down and do it the healthy, sustainable way being suggested to you by so many. When I was at 300 pounds, and working really hard at it, I lost 2.5 a week for a couple of months. At your current size, achieving that rate of loss just isn't healthy.

For everyone who comes into threads like this and says "it's possible, I did it and you can too!!" PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE consider that bodies of different sizes, age, and gender shed weight at a different pace.