Photos of your home gyms

Options
I'm feeling the need to go all hgtv on my windowless basement home gym (poor photo in profile). So I'm wondering if anyone has pics they would share of whatever their set up is. I'm just looking for design inspiration and/or suggestions.

Replies

• cdahl383
    cdahl383 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I would if I knew how to post pics on here. I just tried every option from my Photobucket and none of them worked. :(
  • cdahl383
    Options
    011_zps97749fd2.jpg
  • cdahl383
    Options
    010_zpsafc61978.jpg
  • cdahl383
    Options
    Well I got the pics to post but the sizing is all screwed up, you can only see one side of the pic. Basically its my basement with some commercial grade carpet, some rubber mats, an adjustable weight bench, some dumbbells and racks, etc. I want to add a power rack and a recumbent bike later this winter. Works great for me and is super convenient.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I agree with the convenience. I've got a treadmill, a stationary bike, a bunch of weights, bench & my redneck squat stands. Functionally, it's just fine. But I'm a girl and I like pretty, so I'm feeling the need to spruce it up a bit.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Nice! Thinking about doing this too.
  • cdahl383
    Options
    Keep an eye out for good deals on Craigslist and Play It Again Sports. Lots of people buy new equipment and lose interest after a couple months, so the stuff is still like new and "pretty" haha! That might be a good way to go if you're on a budget.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    Yeah. I think I'm good with equipment for now. We are building a power rack to replace the redneck squat stands, but otherwise, I think I'm good there. And really it's very functional. I can do everything I need to do down there. I just want it to look pretty, only I'm not sure what that looks like for a home gym. Hence the reason I was looking for pics.

This is what I'm working with (there's more to the right but I'm way too lazy to resize the pic);

null_zpsdbb2b05d.jpg