I'm being sabatoged

Options
not really but it feels like it lately. My boss, who is a wonderful lady, bought us ice cream sundaes yesterday. Today she took us to lunch and ordered for us, ribeyes, baked potatoes and rolls. I really appreciateit but would have rather ordered for myself.

Replies

• kaylou
    kaylou Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    agh...me too. I have had a happy hour invite every day this week....I have said no all week but I think my friends will think I am boycoting them so I am going tonight!
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I know I didn't have to eat the ice cream but I'm not one to hurt anyone's feelings especially when they are being so generous.
  • ❤B☩❤
    ❤B☩❤ Posts: 634
    Options
    Amanda,
    She should have been afraid of hurting your feelings, not the other way around. I assume she knows the journey you are on, and still she took control of YOUR meal? Generous or not, I still would not have appreciated it. Don't let anybody sabotage your efforts! Because they are just that: YOUR EFFORTS! And you have been the one putting in all the hard work toward YOUR goals. Hang in there and keep up the great work! :drinker:
  • amg_89
    amg_89 Posts: 184
    Options
    maybe you could just bring it up in conversation with her that you are working on this new lifestyle and it's really hard to overcome obstacles like birthday parties and business outings. If it's just brought up casually in conversation she won't feel like you are attacking her, but she can still get the hint that you are working really hard at it and maybe next time she will let you order for yourself. if not, it's not rude at all for you to stop the waiter and order something yourself and apologize to her, explaining that you appreciate the gesture, but you are trying to eat healthier. whatever way you go about it, as long as you are nice, she will surely understand. But if you eat the food just to be nice, then you will constantly be eating crap food because people always use food to be nice. don't give in! it's not rude!
  • CFAITH_WARD
    CFAITH_WARD Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    My husband is constantly ordering pizza.......I try to just eat one peice and a salad but most of the time I eat 2 peices and no salad. I hate that!!!!
  • tawny7
    tawny7 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    While it was nice of her to pay for dinner, I think it's weird she ordered for everyone!
    Seems since I've been eating better we are having more luncheons at work, and next week is the picnic. Of course everyone is brining appetizers and desserts. We're having tacos, which I'll be okay with as there'll be chicken there. I think I'm going to make a sugar free chocolate pie so I can have a little dessert too. But it's hard with all the cookies and cakes around screaming my name! LOL!!!
  • Hibpshman1
    Options
    One tip I've learned...and it is tough...graciously accept the gift, but remember to limit the quantity that I eat. So, I'll go ahead and eat slowly while talking, only finishing half of the steak and baked potato, just nibble on the roll or half of the ice cream sundae.

Another thing to remember is that if you did your planned workout and end up in one of those situations "once in a while" but not every day of the week, go ahead and enjoy it, just get right back on the calorie schedule the rest of the day/week.

The key for me is to make SURE I've done my scheduled workouts and not to miss any of those!

I hope my experiences help someone.
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    not really but it feels like it lately. My boss, who is a wonderful lady, bought us ice cream sundaes yesterday. Today she took us to lunch and ordered for us, ribeyes, baked potatoes and rolls. I really appreciateit but would have rather ordered for myself.

Correct me if I'm wrong! But didn't YOU buy some people sundeas the other day'?! *rubs chin*
    lol
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options

I'm with you on that, I would hate for anybody to order for me without asking what I might like first. I know she paid for it, but still.

You'll have to have a quiet word with her and tell her that you have been working so hard on your eating and there are some foods you steer clear of now.

I wonder why she ordered the grub, weird that!
  • SemiSweetRae
    Options
    Anytime we have regional visitors in the office we order lunch, it's always Domino's Pizza or Pasta from somewhere. I finally had to tell my boss that while I didn't expect her to make specific exceptions for me, I was happy to bring my lunch, I just couldn't partake of what was being offered. I actually ended up having several of my co-workers agree with me. Now we order from places that offer an array of food like Panera Bread or Jason's Deli. I think just being honest and upfront is really the way to go. PS, it's also work, she really shouldn't take it personally!

Hope everyone has a super healthy and productive Friday!
  • SemiSweetRae
    Options
    Oh ya, and she may have ordered for everyone thinking she was being kind because a lot of people aren't going to order steak on the bosses bill. She might have thought it was a great treat for everyone.
  • Robin1109
    Robin1109 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    While it was nice of her to pay for dinner, I think it's weird she ordered for everyone!
    Seems since I've been eating better we are having more luncheons at work, and next week is the picnic. Of course everyone is brining appetizers and desserts. We're having tacos, which I'll be okay with as there'll be chicken there. I think I'm going to make a sugar free chocolate pie so I can have a little dessert too. But it's hard with all the cookies and cakes around screaming my name! LOL!!!

Not only that she ordered for everyone but that she insisted on ribeyes! I know many a'folk who may eat meat but rarely eat red. Did she pick the temp too?

I know that you mean about sabotage though. Between family events, weddings, bachelorette parties, showers, baby arrivals, etc. that are going on with me right now, I feel like my upcoming weeks will just be undoing what I've done over the weekends! My brother is coming to visit me tomorrow and (I live in Baltimore, MD) he's begging me to take him for a crab pretzel. If you don't know that that is, it's basically a soft pretzel smothered in MD crab dip and old bay. So good but so bad for you :)
  • Amandac6772
    Options
    It's a delicate situation because she REALLY needs to lose weight and has made several attempts. It's almost like she gets jealous when anyone in the office loses any weight. I've not really lost enough to notice on me yet. I have to lose about 20 before it's noticable. I haven't really talked about it other than they know I bring my lunch every day.
  • wendalin4
    wendalin4 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Yikes! That was very nice of her but since she isn't the one wearing your jeans or jogging in your shoes it wasn't her right. Seems very old fashion anyway. Next time it happens, bag up at least half of it and even if you have no intention of eating the remainder (you can always let someone else in your house have the leftovers or just toss it) she will never know, so her feelings shouldn't get hurt. You can also just say you had a big breakfast and aren't very hungry, eat very slowly putting your fork down between bites, get more involved in the conversation or just push the food around like my 5 year old does trying to make it look like he ate more lol.

side note*** ROBIN omg thanks :( now i'm going to be thinking about a crab pretzel for the rest of the day & i'm in Baltimore too so i know all the good places! lol
  • Amandac6772
    Options
    Yikes! That was very nice of her but since she isn't the one wearing your jeans or jogging in your shoes it wasn't her right. Seems very old fashion anyway. Next time it happens, bag up at least half of it and even if you have no intention of eating the remainder (you can always let someone else in your house have the leftovers or just toss it) she will never know, so her feelings shouldn't get hurt. You can also just say you had a big breakfast and aren't very hungry, eat very slowly putting your fork down between bites, get more involved in the conversation or just push the food around like my 5 year old does trying to make it look like he ate more lol.

side note*** ROBIN omg thanks :( now i'm going to be thinking about a crab pretzel for the rest of the day & i'm in Baltimore too so i know all the good places! lol

Haha...my four yearold does the same thing!
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    It's a delicate situation because she REALLY needs to lose weight and has made several attempts. It's almost like she gets jealous when anyone in the office loses any weight. I've not really lost enough to notice on me yet. I have to lose about 20 before it's noticable. I haven't really talked about it other than they know I bring my lunch every day.

I bet 14lbs loss does notice, you may not see it, but I bet she does.

I think you may have hit the nail on the head there, regarding her being jealous, she may not even think she is jealous, it could be a subconscious thing you know.
  • Amandac6772
    Options

I bet 14lbs loss does notice, you may not see it, but I bet she does.

I think you may have hit the nail on the head there, regarding her being jealous, she may not even think she is jealous, it could be a subconscious thing you know.

Exactly! Well maybe all the "generosity" is over with and I can get back to my normal routine next week.