For the nerds in you! TDEE estimation, with graphs :)

Options

Replies

• fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    amazing. tagging.
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    Will you do my homework for me?
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Very nice.

If you are interested in extracting the data automatically see http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1122752-export-and-analyze-your-own-data-in-excel
  • MagicalLeopleurodon
    MagicalLeopleurodon Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I did the happy seal clap over this
  • juniperfox
    juniperfox Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I really appreciate your taking the time to share this! Not just results, but methods! I can't wait to get home and start a sheet of my own. Do you mind if I message you in case I have questions?
  • Spartan_1_1_7
    Spartan_1_1_7 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    bump for later reference
  • Barbonica
    Barbonica Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I love data, and have been plotting weight and measurements for a couple years. Was thinking about adding calories now that I have enough data. Thanks for sharing,
  • susanrechter
    susanrechter Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Like the judge asked, "do you have any documentation?" Be sure to save them and look at them when you're a healthy 80 year old and check out your comparatives. Will be interesting.:smile:
  • emienne
    emienne Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I know what I'll be doing after my kids are in bed tonight! Making my already crazy spreadsheet even better! Thank you for sharing this - love all my data and charts and graphs!
  • bert16
    bert16 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Bump (thanks, OP!)
  • Vini9
    Vini9 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later :)
  • sierra_12
    sierra_12 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    bump for later (:
  • thatonepersonfromtheinternet
    Options
    This is so cool!
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    bump
  • rb16fitness
    rb16fitness Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    pinterest :smile:
  • engian
    engian Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Bump. Outstanding.
  • The_WoIverine
    The_WoIverine Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Damn, gotta read this during the day.
  • nelinelineli
    nelinelineli Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I added another constant - "Burn Coeff". The reason is that I'm showing a 150% TDEE, which is not consistent with my actual lifestyle. By having a knob for exercise calories, I can dial in the appropriate TDEE coefficient.

The good news is that it appears I've been underestimating my burn, especially for the last 2 months, by about 20%. So TDEE coeff of 135% and a Burn Coeff of 120%.

The more parameters the better - I'm really happy to see people taking this a notch further to meet their needs!
    Just wanted to ask - have you used the BMR formula for men? The one I left in the spreadsheet was for women, and I just realized some people might have not changed that coefficient at the end (from -161 to +5). Doesn't make a big difference in relative terms, but just checking:D
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Forgot about that! It knocks the TDEE coeff down by 5% for me. Thanks for pointing that out.
  • Cinloykko
    Cinloykko Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    The nerd in me is doing a very discombobulated happy dance :) I LOVE me some data!!! Thanks for all for this and the links. *cheers*