Winter meals

Options
Eleonora91
Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
I don't know if this is the right place to post this topic, since it's connected to weight loss, but anyway...
I've started my diet in May 2012 and I've almost had no problems in dieting throughout spring and summer, but it gets harder during winter. I live in a cold place in which all you wish for is sitting in bed all day eating hot chocolate and the weather doesn't really make you want to exercise. During last December I ate a lot and ended up gaining 2-3 kgs, which is a lot compared to my loss. I don't really want to repeat this experience so I'm looking for ideas to try out this autumn. What do you eat in order to feel energized and satisfied even when it's cold outside and your body craves substantial meals? I'm a vegetarian and I'm not a great cooker, I was thinking about legumes and integral bread, lots of juices and hot tisanes, winter fruits and dried fruit and low fat biscuits as treats. Anyone has got any idea?

Replies

• deeleyn
    deeleyn Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You should take a look at skinnytaste.com. They have a ton of healthy recipes on the site, plus all the nutritional information is listed as well. The lady who runs the site also does a meatless Monday thing, so there are plenty of vegetarian options as well.
  • Eleonora91
    Options
    You should take a look at skinnytaste.com. They have a ton of healthy recipes on the site, plus all the nutritional information is listed as well. The lady who runs the site also does a meatless Monday thing, so there are plenty of vegetarian options as well.

Some of the recipes look super yummy! Looking forward to try them out even though most of them look hard to prepare. We'll see!
    I don't quite understand if calories are referred to 1 serving or what, I'll have to ask them I suppose.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    most recipes start with a "serves X" X = number of servings. calories are per serving.
  • Eleonora91
    Options
    most recipes start with a "serves X" X = number of servings. calories are per serving.

Okay so uhmm.. for example:

Servings: 14 • Size: 2 mini muffins • Old Points: 3 pts • Weight Watcher Points+: 4 pt
    Calories: 160 • Fat: 5 g • Carb: 27 g • Fiber: 2 g • Protein: 2 g • Sugar: 18 g
    Sodium: 118 mg • Cholest: 0 mg

160 calories would refer to 2 mini muffins?