Body Media Band using friends

Options
I am looking to add a few friends that use the Body Media band. I am in my first week of using one and would just like to share exoerienfes

Replies

• MIM49
    MIM49 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I have been using Bodymediafit link since Jan. and love it. Looking forward to buying the new core II when it comes out (like the smaller size and the optional heart rate monitor) add me as a friend if you'd like.
  • jdowns1218
    Options
    You can add me too. I love using my Bodymedia band. I have been using one off and on for years. I even have my husband using one now, lol.
  • HDPhenoms
    Options
    I have been using the Body Media for Two weeks now it really helps me understand what my body is doing through the day. I have always just excepted what my body told me by its look. That didn't help me out at all.... Now I can see my steps workouts and linked with MyfitnessPal see my nutrition along with it. So far so good Keep it going I have lost a total of 19lbs since November 1st Yeah...
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Add me if you want. I used it a few years ago with my initial 100 pound weight loss. Funny when I stopped using it I stopped paying attention and losing :) I just maintained until now. I bought a new one about 3 weeks ago and love it! I love that it links with MFP and lost 8 pounds initially in the first four weeks. Totally a huge help! Plus I aim for a 1000 calorie deficit a day (though some days I'm fine wtih 500) and love that if I have a bigger deficit I feel like I can eat more!
  • tdh115
    tdh115 Posts: 52
    Options
    I don't have mine yet, but it has been ordered and hopefully I will get it this weekend. I have a friend that loves hers and she has done very well with it.

Feel free to add me.
  • SexyMrsCarty
    SexyMrsCarty Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Too all the Body Media users I am looking into getting one I actually went to buy one this week for my upcoming birthday only to find they are currently out of stock. But that’s ok out of all my research I am willing to wait. But I have a question.
    How does the Body Media fit into working with MFP does the food we enter here get downloaded into the Body Media site or does the activity upload into MFP I'm just a little confused. Some reviews I was reading said they have no way of entering the food so they would just track on their own and pull over the grand total later but those same people didn’t use the phone app. Any advice would be great.
    Oh and feel free to add me I will be getting one as soon as I can.
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Hi. I have been wearing my BMF for about 4 months and always looking for more friends who use one. Anyone can add me.
  • cuinboston2014
    Options
    Too all the Body Media users I am looking into getting one I actually went to buy one this week for my upcoming birthday only to find they are currently out of stock. But that’s ok out of all my research I am willing to wait. But I have a question.
    How does the Body Media fit into working with MFP does the food we enter here get downloaded into the Body Media site or does the activity upload into MFP I'm just a little confused. Some reviews I was reading said they have no way of entering the food so they would just track on their own and pull over the grand total later but those same people didn’t use the phone app. Any advice would be great.

So - from what I figured out you just haev to link it online. Then, you can still track everything in MFP and it will display your total breakdown in the body media site. So it will give you total calories for every meal/snack.

Then the Bodymedia sends the activity info to MFP so you will see at the bottom that you earned x amount of calories from workouts today. So it works both ways in more of a condensed way. I tried the food tracker on the body media site and it was nowhere as easy to use.

If you haven't ordered one y et, I also recommend checking ebay. I found mine - open but new with all the packaging etc - from a reputable seller on ebay for $60
  • Kitty7814
    Options

It's both. I log my food strictly on MFP but it loads to the body media activity manager. Each time I sync my armband it also logs a line item for body media calories burned for the difference between my estimated total per MFP and estimated total per body media on MFP. Personally, I only use the armband to feel like I'm accurately tracking my calories. I only occasionally look at the body media activity manager, generally to see any notifications - too much of something the day before, specific activity levels throughout the day, sleep.
  • NJL13500
    NJL13500 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I've used it on and off for the past year. Back on now. I love how it gives me a good read on my TDEE. Feel free to add me if you like. I'm working on losing the last 10 pounds so I usually don't post big numbers in the loss column anymore.
  • SexyMrsCarty
    Options
    Thank you for your quick response I will check out ebay today. You have been a great help.:heart::happy:
  • stat1124
    stat1124 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    My understanding is, that yes it will be able to import your diary and food entries from here at MFP to BodyMedia software. I purchased one which should be here by tomorrow. I will left you know for sure but the few people that have spoke to confirmed that to be the case.
  • stat1124
    stat1124 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Wow, everyone beat me to it! However I will echo one of the MFPer's here, get it from Ebay, that is where I got my from and it was also only $65 bucks. My was opened and used for 2 months but I ordered a new strap with it! Can't wait for it to arrive!
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    :heart: my FIT!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • EileenB42
    EileenB42 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I use the body media fit band. I have the core model. I love it. I have had mine since last march and have lost 21 pounds since last January. Feel free to add me. I would love to have friends that have the body media fit. I love mine.

Eileen
  • cuinboston2014
    Options
    Not sure if anyone will see this - but I'm hoping for clarification.

I know the calories I burn on Bodymedia will automatically upload and sync with MFP so I dont' need to enter exercise. It tells me about the bottom "You earned X amount of calories from exercise today"

OK Great - but why does that number sometimes go down?

I typically work out in the morning, and then make several trips to get coffee in the morning as well as one "mini" desk workout. Then from 11-12 I usually sit on my butt and do actual work. This is the time the number drops, albeit slightly. Anyone else notice this? Is this because it might assume I'll be so sedentary the rest of the day?
  • SnowWhiteFanatic
    SnowWhiteFanatic Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I have one and I love it!!!!
  • tdh115
    tdh115 Posts: 52
    Options

So - from what I figured out you just haev to link it online. Then, you can still track everything in MFP and it will display your total breakdown in the body media site. So it will give you total calories for every meal/snack.

Then the Bodymedia sends the activity info to MFP so you will see at the bottom that you earned x amount of calories from workouts today. So it works both ways in more of a condensed way. I tried the food tracker on the body media site and it was nowhere as easy to use.

If you haven't ordered one y et, I also recommend checking ebay. I found mine - open but new with all the packaging etc - from a reputable seller on ebay for $60

Be careful will Ebay, I bought one for $85.00 from what appeared to be a reputable seller. It was supposed to be new, but it was an older model placed in new packaging. It was a real pain to try to get my refund. I have now ordered one directly from the vendor.
  • SexyMrsCarty
    Options
    Thanks everyone for you great advice I also have one maybe silly question but a question none the less so I understand that it will track all my all my calories burned during the day even from sitting and cleaning my house how does it know what to upload to mfp as an actual workout and how do I get an accurate calorie burn deficit, hope my question makes sense.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for you great advice I also have one maybe silly question but a question none the less so I understand that it will track all my all my calories burned during the day even from sitting and cleaning my house how does it know what to upload to mfp as an actual workout and how do I get an accurate calorie burn deficit, hope my question makes sense.
    As soon as you sync up after midnight, it will estimate your exercise for that upcoming day and send it to MFP. At the end of the day when you sync up again, it will send the actual numbers over.
    It won't section anything into actual workouts. It's just your total burn. If you want to enter an actual workout, set your trip, do your workout, enter it into MFP and it will deduct those numbers from the estimate, but it will make no difference overall, because it is counting everything already.