New here.

Options
mwal74
mwal74 Posts: 112 Member
Hi All!

I'm new here so I wanted to introduce myself. I'm Michele, mother of two incredible young adults, and wife to the most awesome husband ever, though I may be biased! :) My daughter just turned 20 and my son is 16. My husband and I have been married since 1992, and we've planned an incredible trip to celebrate our 20th anniversary.

You may be looking at your calendar wondering how I come up with that number :) Yes we've been married for 21 years this year, but our plans for the awesome 20th anniversary trip to Europe came to a screeching halt when we had a house fire. First things first, I suppose...

Anyway! We're going to Paris for 3 days, Romania for 26 days, then Dordrecht, The Netherlands for 5 days. We, of course, have really buckled down and started watching our weight and fitness level more carefully. We've both gotten a great start, and have lost inches as well as pounds. Of course we're feeling better as well, so that's always a good thing!

I'd love to connect with some of you and share this weight loss journey. My goal is to hike Mt. Bucegi when we visit Romania. There are several places to hike there and we love mountains, so we're super excited!

Best to all,

Michele

Replies

• ladyoflb
    ladyoflb Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    That sounds AMAZING!!!!! What a wonderful way to celebrate so many years of marriage! I am so sorry to hear about your house fire, what a crazy event.....!! Good luck on your weight loss journey!
  • seren1ty74
    seren1ty74 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    well happy anniversary! and the trip sounds amaaaaaaaazing. good luck to both of you!
  • tarsha426
    tarsha426 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the fire. The trip sounds amazing, best of luck on your journey to excellent health and fitness. Feel free to add me.
  • mwal74
    mwal74 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies for a great welcome!

I'm totally loving MFP so far!
  • camiah
    camiah Posts: 146
    Options
    What an incredible trip you have planned! I want to go to Europe some day and not be the fat American. Good luck with your fitness and weight loss journey!