Calories in a day!?

Options
Hello! I'm really confused about how many calories I need in a day. I'm 25, 5'4" and I exercise 6 times a week (strength/cardio MWF and cardio TRS) running close to 10km almost every day. Based on all that I should need around 2300 calories a day however if I'm trying to lose fat I should cut about 3-400 right? Now if I'm also burning 600+ calories in the gym do I need to replace those calories or incorporate them into my cut calories? Okay so if I work out on a Tuesday and my calorie burn is 600 then would I eat 1800 calories to lose weight or closer to 1400? I've been aiming for 1800 on days I workout and in my mind that means around a net 1300 cals with a 500 calorie burn at the gym. Ahh this is confusing to me!? Any clarification would be much appreciated!

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I think you're overcomplicating things.
    Eat what MFP gives you as your goal (make sure you've filled everything out accurately, like your activity level, as well as what you'd like to lose per week).

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal, and
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal.

Now, that being said, once you have your caloric goal, if you exercise, MFP will tell you you've earned extra calories. Yes, you eat those (or most) back. Your goal is to NET your MFP goal. So, on Monday, if you burn 600 calories, you add that in and you have MFP Goal + 600 (exercise) = NET Goal

Your exercise calories will always vary, that's why it's built in that way. And if you do not exercise, you just eat that base MFP goal.